“Never another girls wine wednesday”
Review of Bayfront Bistro

Bayfront Bistro
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Beach Trolley stop is on the road next to the entrance.
Description: Bayfront Bistro is located on beautiful Estero Bay in a pristine preserve area on Ft Myers Beach. 200 yards from the white sands on the Gulf of Mexico the restaurant shares this beautiful location with Snook Bight Yacht Club & Marina. Bayfront Bistro is a Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast Award winner and the wine selection has 400 bottles to choose from, with something to please every palate. Dine in air conditioned comfort in the spectacular dining room where every table has a perfect view of the Bay or outside on the dining deck. Our talented chefs have crafted menus that will delight your senses! Start your meal with our Asian Calamari or Caribbean Ceviche , try our famous Bistro Salad, and then continue with 8 oz Filet Mignon, Bayfront Butterfish or Black Grouper with Lobster Salad. And what meal would be complete without a selection of In-House made desserts such as Bourbon Chocolate Bread Pudding or Authentic Key Lime Pie? We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and three other friends went here last evening for happy hour. We all ordered a glass of wine and they were all approximately four ounces, not the standard seven ounce pour that they should have been(being a bartender I know this). We also all ordered food from the appetizer menu. I ordered the coconut shrimp and received three, yes three, shrimp and the regular price was $16 (half price at happy hour)! I would not have ordered it if I knew that I was only going to receive three. In addition the gentleman, who I can only assume was the general manager, Ken was extremely rude and condescending to my friend and neighbor. We were only trying to make conversation and he made it seem like we were interrupting something extremely important, and being local residents we were only trying to get to know who all of the new people who are now there. We felt very put off and will most likely not go back. And if I could have given this review a zero I would have!

6  Thank Sarah P
Write a ReviewReviews (1 494)

28 - 32 of 1 494 reviews

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

This place was close to our hotel. We went there when we first landed BEFORE we went grocery shopping and we went everyday we were here it was so. good!

Shawn L, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

We absolutely love to hear this! Thank you for the high praise! We are so happy that we could make your visit enjoyable and memorable! That's why we do what we do every day! Thank you again for visiting and for the great review! We hope you will visit us again on your next trip! Take care!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

If it's hot, get seating inside; otherwise the outdoor deck is wonderfull at sunset. The drinks were well-made, and the oysters and scallops were fanatstic!

Wow! Thank you so much for the awesome review! We appreciate your feedback more than you know, and we are so happy that you enjoyed our signature oysters, scallops, drinks and outside deck seating! We hope you will join us again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I only visit this restaurant off season because coming out to Ft. Myers Beach during season is a nightmare with traffic. My go to dish is the Butterfish, awesome! Atmosphere is outstanding, our waitress, Erin was awsome, very professional and very friendly. We all enjoyed talking with her one of our party members was on a no carb diet and Erin was able to make recommendations to number “1”. Thanks Erin for a great dining experience!

Shawn L, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

This really makes us so happy! We are so thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with us! And we are so happy that Erin too excellent care of you! We wouldn't expect anything less! Thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review and we hope you will join us again very soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

My husband and I had reservations at 6:30 and showed up at 6pm so we could have a cocktail at the bar. When we entered there was no one at hostess stand and several waiters and one waitress hanging out by the bar. We went over there, not one said he in fact avoided eye contact. We saw another female over at the end of the bar completely disinterested in us. We say for 5 minutes and I then said to my husband well maybe we will have better luck when we are seated. As we left to go back to hostess stand, hostess asked for our name again no eye contact or smile. We sat (very nice view) and one of the waiters (brian) took our orders. He was polite but again no smile, not even a note of enthusiasm that we were there. He got us what we wanted and again was polite but not a lot of personaility (everyone seemed to be miserable there) I found the whole experience very insulting as a patron to be almost completely ignored when there are multitudes of great restaurants competing for business. Our bill was 200.00 (with drinks and lobster tail, mahi mahi, etc.) + tip was 240.00. Food was good (not great) but the service made It a complete disappointment, I haven' received service that bad in years. For a 100.00 a person there are several restaurants that want our business

6  Thank Heidi R
Shawn L, Owner at Bayfront Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

We truly apologize for your experience and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. We pride ourselves on being known for excellent service and are extremely disappointed that we did not execute properly that evening.. We would like to here some more specifics regarding your experience so please email Ken@bayfrontbistro.com so we may properly address this issue. We look forward to hearing from you and thank you again.