“Wrong order ”
Review of Pollo Tropical

Pollo Tropical
Ranked #321 of 1 471 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Really good chicken. But when we arrived their screen menu was blank . Long line as well . Glad I pulled their website up or wouldn’t know what to gave . Their were some signage. I asked for a 1/4 Chicken( she asked white neat or dark ) I said dark w/ garlic yuka and a Caesar. G had the half chicken with rice and beans sign said $5.99. What I got was rice and beans and for sure it was the half chicken . I went up to counter and told and it came back rgt except I got the 1/2 which was fine with me but still. Then register crashed and the line was getting longer. Set up really is conducive. I tho did enjoy all.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I used to eat at Pollos a lot when I worked and lived in South Florida, and my husband and I just had to have at least one meal at the only nearby location when we visited Fort Lauderdale. My husband and I each had a 1/4 chicken (I had white and he had dark meat) with black beans and rice. We shared a large order of plantains and couldn’t finish! There were loads of new items on the menu and we tried a few of the sauces. My favorite was the guava barbecue. I can’t describe just how much a treat this food is — and it’s served hot. The employees taking our order were so friendly and pleasant — that only made our dinner better. There’s no other fast food to compare!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Due to driving, I have been to all the Pollo Tropicals in Broward County. This specific Pollo Tropical has the best service. I must admit that the food is mostly the same in all their facilities, yet this one always has all the options available and the cleanest sitting area.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Not a family sit down. Yes, you can sit down with family and kids. Yes, they have no dress code. Yes, they can handle a messy table. The grilled chicken is very good. Very tasty and plain delicious. No sauce to hide something. My experience is this - if you are ok with the informal setting, and you love chicken or ribs, and you are hungry ... then try this place. Reasonable price. Lots of customers. UPS guys, contractors, local service guys, and at certain times, families. I'm not sure about the bathrooms. I did not visit it. But, food was good Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Monday and so on. I was alone. Not with company. Love the tomato side, the Yuka side. And rice and beans were standard. Oh my!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Went at lunch on a Sunday. The place smells and looks clean when you enter. You can see them grilling the chicken over flames in the back. The service was friendly and quick. I got a quarter chicken with corn and yellow rice sides. The chicken had a great flame cooked flavor. The corn and rice were both a little bland. The place was empty.