Reviews (1 859)
1 859 results
1 269
1 269
All reviews club level ocean front pool deck pool staff across the street four seasons oceanfront room beach service south beach public beach luxury hotel hotel is beautiful large balcony the atlantic ocean beautiful room high floor long weekend
141 - 146 of 1 859 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

First time coming on this side of the beach in fort lauderdale and Adler and Pierre we’re both very kind!! Adler took time out of his day to talk to me and he showed me all of the good places to eat around here. Will definitely come again because of them!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Adler and Ruben have given me phenomenal service today. They were so nice and made my first trip to this particular beach an enjoyable time.
They helped me immediately and were so efficient. Also, set up the cabanas and tents in a great spot ! Such a great experience at this beach , we will be back for sure ! Thank you for such a great experience guys!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our experience of this property was not a good one. We stayed in February for four days in an executive Junior Suite. The room was fine, but not as luxurious as other Ritz/luxury hotel rooms. (There was a large water stain on the dresser, for example.) We had an inter-coastal waterway view, but since we were on the 10th floor, what we actually had a view of was the roof and huge venting system of the property next door and over that, we saw the waterway.

Housekeeping was not the standard of a Ritz. There was a noticeable layer of dust on open shelving in the bathroom. Also dirty towels in bathroom were not picked up/replaced during evening turn-down one night.

At the pool the first day, there was no one staffing the towels, so we got our own towels and set up our own chairs. There were staff members by the bar, but during a 60 minute period of sitting, nobody ever came to offer us a drink or food.

At the beach, there was one staff member sitting in a chair next to a cooler of waters.
We were offered towels each time we went, but only once did someone set up the chairs for us. No water was brought around after we sat. The staff member just sat in his chair. One day when it was warm, I was looking for more water, but there was nobody there staffing the beach and no water cooler to be found for 30-45 minutes.

When entering the hotel, no valets opened the door for us any time. On the day I was checking out, I was traveling with just my pre-school daughter, so I had bags and her and there were several staff members talking in the lobby, but nobody opened the door or offered assistance.

To sum up, When you are paying a resort fee and staying at a Ritz, you should be receiving a certain level of assistance and service that just didn't exist. I spoke to the manager on our last night there and he was apologetic and offered a complimentary spa service, but it was not feasible for me. Instead, they provided complimentary room service breakfast on the next morning, which was nice.

I suppose I should have mentioned something earlier though, because the next morning before check out, we went to the beach and the staff member set up chairs, gave us water, and about 30 minutes later came around to offer more water. It was such a different experience from the days prior that I assume the manager spoke to people.

Room tip: If intercoastal, be sure to stay on as high a floor as possible
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
christine c, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear lookingforhome,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback of your recent visit on Tripadvisor. Feedback is very important to us, and I appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. It is unfortunate to learn that we did not meet your expectations and would be more grateful for the opportunity to personally speak to you about this experience. Please feel free to contact me at 954.465.2300, at your convenience, should you wish to discuss further.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity and visit our beautiful property again one day soon.
Thank you.

Greg Cook
Area General Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The Ritz is obviously a great brand but this property is especially fantastic. The staff is wonderful. Scottie at the pool bar was so great to talk with. Adler and Ruben on the beach were just awesome guys and always made sure I got the best spot with an umbrella. Housekeeping was unbelievable even stocking my ice bucket. Front desk was just super friendly. I can't wait to return.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

It is such a swag moment to check in on facebook at THE RITZ CARLTON. After spending a few days prior to our cruise in Ft. Lauderdale at THE RITZ I know why. This location is beautiful and close to restaurants, shopping, and a beautiful location.

Date of stay: January 2018