“The Beach is Average”

More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been to lots of beaches over the years and Fort Lauderdale is not my fave. There was some garbage around the area and we did not want to spend much time there. Maybe we just hit an off day?

1  Thank TheSuze12
Write a ReviewReviews (8 092)
All reviews
"ft"
in 486 reviews

31 - 35 of 8 092 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I grew up in Virginia, and the Atlantic shore beaches are what I think of as "real" beaches. I'm not a fan of powdery sand, give me the larger grains of the Atlantic side!
We arrived during a light rain, which abated, and the water was as calm as a beach can get. The smell of the surf, the cries of the gulls, the taste of salt water, and the feel of sand between my toes were just like I remembered from my childhood. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Plenty of space for everyone, this beach is gorgeous and offers beautiful white sand and blue waters for all who visited during our stay. Loved it.

1  Thank matthogan89
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Atlantic Ocean beautiful and clean laps the beautiful sandy beach that is part of the barrier island called Fort Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale is attached to the mainland of Broward County, Florida by bridges that open at scheduled times during the day to allow
water vessels, many large yachts to proceed along the Intercostal Waterways on the opposite side of the island from the Ocean and has made Ft.Lauderdale the "Venice of America". Across from the parking spaces along A1A which can be taken for the length of the Island there are restaurants and beautiful new hotels and high rise condominiums
which make a stay on the beach relaxing and satisfying. The Cruise Port with some of the largest ships at sea is near the beaches as is the International Airport, Greyhound Bus terminal and Amtrak train station not to mention the new high speed rail train to orlando, Florida.

1  Thank Ed P