“excellent food, excellent service and excellent value”

Tropical Acres Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 1 438 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Price range: US$17 - US$36
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: South Florida's oldest and finest Steakhouse, featuring superior cuts of Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Maine Lobster, fresh fish, New York Strip and other fine seafood and Italian entrees. Tropical Acres is also open for private banquets, wedding receptions and company events or you can join us for cocktails in our intimate lounge or for Happy Hour.
Reviewed 21 June 2017

No matter what you eat at Tropical Acres, I can tell you it is going to be delicious. I had the shrimp and turf Marsala. It was so good I had to eat it twice. I/ve had the seafood pasta which was delicious as well. My husband had the prime rib and has had the sizzling steak delivered to our table. We ate the appetizer sampler which was delicious and the Onion soup. Their little pieces of onion/garlic bread is to die for. Oh and I cannot forget the brownie ala mode. It is not like any other brownie. It is scrumptious.

1  Thank peggy0021
Michael G, Owner at Tropical Acres Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Peggy, thank you for joining us on several occasions. It's wonderful that you always have a great meal, including the most recent Shrimp and Turf Marsala and Prime Rib. We appreciate you sharing your experience and the tasty Brownie A la Mode that you loved. Looking forward to sharing another great meal with you soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

This is old school dining in every sense of the imagination. This steakhouse has been here since 1949 and it shows its age in appearance. That, however, is the only place where this establishment shows any flaws. The service and food is outstanding. I had the steak au poive with a side of linguine with marinara. This was after a house salad with a fantastic house creamy garlic dressing. I ate at the bar and there was lively conversation with seasoned customers so I felt very much at home. The bartender Tom was a consummate pro who knows how to take care of his clients and work the bar! These old school bartenders are hard to replicate and kudos to Tom for a job well done.
Although located right on Griffin Road, I found this place completely by accident. I was trying to reach another Old School Restaurant in the area but the bridge was closed and the detour brought me back to Tropical Acres. I am glad I did and this blast from the past is worth every dime and every second to savor an old school concept still done well. I will return and I give this place a huge thumbs up!!

3  Thank BlueMarlinDave
Michael G, Owner at Tropical Acres Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dave, while an unexpected visit, it's great that you enjoyed your time with us. We're happy the Steak au Poivre and Linguine were delicious and complemented with great conversation from our neighbors at the bar. We appreciate you taking the time to share your visit and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 19 June 2017

This family owned jewel is a must dine at restaurant experience! We have been dining at Tropical Acres since forever and a day! The food is delicious and the service impeccable! This is a family owned restaurant and the pride taken in Tropical Acres is outstanding! What I love too, the same servers are there year after year which says so much! We love Tropical Acres!

2  Thank Chantalsdolls

We're flattered by your praise and thank you for sharing many meals with us over the years. It's wonderful that each one can be a special time for you. We're very grateful of your support and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Often when we return to a favorite restaurant from our past we are disappointed. My wife and I traveled to South Florida for a cruise. As today was Father's Day we decided to go to Tropical Acres for dinner. No reservations - no problem ! We were seated within 10 minutes of arriving . The restaurant was packed but the staff had it under control .
Service by Donna was prompt and professional . The salads were crisp and tasty, the flatbread was addictive BUT the petite filet, baked potato and side of creamed spinach were outstanding. In particular, the filet was cooked exactly as ordered and the taste far exceeded our expectations. If you have never tried Tropical Acres for steak you really should

Lynwood, thank you for joining us again, and on such a special evening. It's wonderful that your food and service was nothing short of the great experience you remember. We appreciate you coming out and hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Tropical Acres was recommended by the Hampton Inn staff as a great steakhouse, and oldest in area. As I drove to the location I thought the name was odd, but it was recommended. From the outside it did not appear to be a fancy steakhouse and upon walking in I wasn't sure if I had arrived at the right place.

The staff was very friendly, inquired if this was my first visit and had me all set in a few minutes. The food was fabulous! I was reminded of an old style steakhouse with true old fashion customer service and care in creating each meal.

I am writing my review from September of 2016, as I came on to find the restaurant name. I can not wait to return here again next week during my next visit to FTL.

1  Thank Mr_T_2323

While you're visit was some time ago, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from before! We're very happy that you had a great night with a delicious steak, and we can't wait to have you join us again this week. See you soon!