“Business Cards Made”

Swap Shop
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Hunt out bargains at this flea market, the largest in the South.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent quality of work. Had 1000 business cards made and received them within the next few days. J was extremely helpful and even stayed after business hours to ensure I got my product. Definitely will be coming back.

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"jewelry"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Since Preston Henn (founder and owner) passed away, the property and quality of merchants has severely dropped. I think we have gone for the last time. If you are looking for a case for your phone, this is the place as it seems every 5th vendor was selling them .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Images of a carnival come to mind - the outside vendors are from a spectrum of mom and pop cleaning out their closets to first time retail vendors scratching it out selling used clothes. There are the vendors who buy out estates, stuff their box trucks with trash and treasure, and sell what they can. Go with an open mind and engage those who are selling - they all have a story to tell and as usual, I learn something new almost every time I visit there.

Additionally, know that there is more to do there that can be done in a day - so plan on pacing yourself - especially when it is hot and plan also on strolling through the fruit and vegetable vendors, too. There is often some exotic Caribbean foods available.

Think of it as a fun and entertaining activity for the whole family but wear comfortable shoes and a hat as you'll not be able to do it all or be able to stay out of the sun! Lastly, there ARE treasures to be found there.

Most enjoyable!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can only write the review for those who like to go to an Outdoor Flea Market and look for a treasure for your home or shop...... I come to Ft Lauderdale about every other year for a 10 day vacation and I always hit this Market up on Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sun ( Friday is the least important day for me) but the other days I arrive around 5-530 am and park across the street and have my flashlight and ready to shop the outdoor vendors. Several bring in estates they have purchased and do not even know what they have in the boxes. My recommendations are:
Be early
Have a flashlight
Have a buggy/cart of some sort to load your purchases in and wheel around
Dress light (if summer its so hot and humid) & have a hand towel to use to wipe your perspiration.
Have some bubble wrap or newspaper to wrap your finds as all sellers do not have.

Thursday & Sunday early is my favorite day.
Sorry, I can not tell you anything about the fruit or inside vendors ( I have no interest in the shoes, clothing, jewelry stands on the inside). I can try to give you some advise on the outside vendors if your looking for Antiques, collectibles, oddities, etc. especially if it is your first visit to the Swap Shop. I have learned over the years and when I came here my first time over 25 years ago I was a newbie to this market and so hopefully this will help you a little with planning your mornings.
By the way, If you come early like I mentioned you can always be back to your hotel to pick up the kids, family by 10am to spend the rest of the day doing other fun things, of course you can stay longer at the market if time permits for you.
Happy Shopping !!!!