“Fun dinner venue ”
Review of 29 South Eats

29 South Eats
Reserve with OpenTable
29 South Eats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ash
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Mark, our server, took very good care of us. He recommended some excellent items. Nice wine selection as well. We will return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 195)

9 - 13 of 1 195 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had such a great lunch we came back another night for dinner. The crab cake appetizer was the best either of us have EVER had. The shrimp & grits were lovely and the scallop & shrimp over lima bean succotash was wonderful. We had blackened grouper sandwiches for lunch. By far our favorite place on the island. Bonus - casual with excellent food. The donuts and coffee dessert is worth the hype.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Due to location and high reviews, I had made a reservation here for lunch on Father's Day. I have to say, I was disappointed. The inside resembles a small diner. Nothing much to look at. I swear the menu was smaller than what is posted online. The food was average, as was the service. There was absolutely nothing extraordinary about this place. While nothing was wrong - I wouldn't go back. Too many great places on Amelia Island.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is located on the edge of the food and shopping area. Great location without a lot of noise. We ate on the porch and had no problems with communicating. The food! My Mom and I had the NY Strip Steak and my Husband had the braised ribs. Both were fantastic. Our salad and veggies were amazingly fresh and tasty. The deserts were delicious. The wait staff were great in checking on us to make sure we were happy and our drinks were full. We travel frequently and this was by far one of the best meals we have ever had. I would go out of my way to go back here. Thank you for a lovely delicious evening. After dinner the short walk to the shops was the perfect end to a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We made a reservation but arrived early (unsure of how easily we would find parking) - they seated us straightaway, despite the fact we were 30 min early. It was very busy but everything went like clockwork. We shared fried green tomatoes & each got shrimp & grits. The Poinsetta was an excellent brunch drink! Excellent service, great portions, enjoyable meal!

1  Thank N6095SFpatriciaw