“Fantastic Kayak Advenure!”

Riptide Beach Services
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Riptide Beach Services is Amelia Island's best full service beach delivery operation specializing in beach rentals, backwater tours and Surf/Stand Up Paddle Board (SUP) lessons. From setting up your beach chairs and umbrellas to taking your family on a guided boat tour, our professional and friendly staff will make your stay on our beautiful island an experience you will not forget.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Kyle was the best! Not only is he a master naturalist, but he was so knowledgeable about the history of Amelia Island. We saw and array of fish and birds, and heard clicking clams. He was able to tell us about everything we were seeing. The kayak trip itself was easy as we were going with the tide. No need to over exert yourself! It was super fun and relaxing. He even provided us with cold water and a towel. Would recommend this tour to anyone!

Bridget D, Public Relations Manager at Riptide Beach Services, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for exploring with Riptide! Kyle enjoyed kayaking with you. We hope you visit soon and go out on the water with us again!

All reviews
"history"
in 5 reviews
"ride"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I took my mother on a surprise boat tour of Cumberland Island with Riptide. We thoroughly enjoyed the trip. We were able to see the beauty of the area, along with the wild horses, manatee and dolphins. We will definitely do this again when the whole family can visit. Highly recommend.

Bridget D, Public Relations Manager at Riptide Beach Services, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for exploring Northeast Florida with us! Please let us know when you visit again. We would love to take your family on the boat or on a kayak tour!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was staying at the Ritz Carlton for two days and while I was fishing on the beach I met this young lady by the name of Ashley Pittman that works for Riptide. The way I saw her treat her customers was very good and made them feel happy. And I really enjoyed talking to her its always good meeting new people.

Thank you for your recent review! Ashley is a wonderful employee and a true assest tour team. We hope you enjoyed your time on Amelia Island!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family of six took a boating trip with RipTide on Monday, June 18, 2018, and it was truly a highlight of our beach vacation. Captain Kyle Rodeffer met us at our hotel right on time and shuttled us to the marina. We boarded our boat, which was extremely comfortable and seemed to be well-maintained, and headed out. We chose to do a two-hour excursion to Cumberland Island. Captain Kyle was an excellent guide, stopping several times along the way to point out interesting sights. We saw a large pod of dolphins within 10 minutes of departure. Our children (aged 7-10) peppered Captain Kyle with questions, and he handled them with aplomb -- he's great with kids. Highly, highly recommended.

Thank you so much! Our Cumberland Island tour is one of our most popular tours and for good reason! Kyle really enjoyed showing your family around the different islands. Let us know next time you are in the area!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went on a bike tour with Riptide and had such a blast. I was the only person to sign up and my husband couldn't join me for the day, but Kyle was really warm and friendly and made me feel very comfortable as he took me on a private tour of downtown. I learned a lot about the history (and haunting) of the houses downtown and even met the Mayor! I would highly suggest this!

Our little island holds so much history! I am glad you were able to experience downtown with a true local. Please let us know if there is anything else can do for you. Come back and visit soon!