“Great pancakes”
Review of The View Cafe

The View Cafe
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Botha's Hill
Reviewed 17 January 2020

The view Cafe has a great range of delicious pancakes and a friendly relaxed atmosphere. The view out over the Valley of a Thousand Hills is amazing.

Date of visit: December 2019

Reviewed 4 October 2019

Apart from the wonderful view (even if there is mist) the View Cafew is my most favourite restaurant. Absolutely love the pancakes especially the milk tart one. And oh boy the scones I had last month were super.
My husband loves their Burgers. And I have been known to have a milk tart pancake and then follow it with oion rings 😀.
If anyone is looking for a new place to go and relax (and take your fur baby too) The View Cafe is the place to go.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 29 June 2019 via mobile

I went up to The View Cafe because the reviews were so good. I wanted to try their much raved about pancakes but I prefer savoury to sweet. I settled on a Thai Curry pancake. The pancake was cold, chewy and crisp on the edges, and the filling was more like a glutinous (as in thickened with flour) chicken a la king. There was no trace of a Thai flavour whatsoever. The salad was a tired couple of pieces of lettuce, a couple of baby tomatoes, dried cucumber and no dressing. I also had a cappuccino which was bitter - possibly made from brewed coffee rather than fresh grounds. Overall a rather old fashioned menu (unless you are into milkshakes and mince toasties) and definitely not worth the 30km trip from Durban.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 15 June 2019

Absolutely AMAZING food and great service from Shaun. This is a rustic venue with the emphasis on relaxation with its breathtakingly beautiful view and soul food. Conversation flows with everyone radiating peace and relaxation after taking in the amazing views. The meals are generously portioned, full of flavour. I highly recommend this venue. Thank you for a wonderful afternoon.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 4 June 2019

The most breath taking view of the valley of 1000 hills, delicious food and the most welcoming staff, whats not to love?
Can highly recommend this spot!

Date of visit: May 2019