“El jefe”

Destin Vacation Boat Rentals
More attraction details
Owner description: Destin Vacation Boat Rentals is an award-winning boat rental and charter service located on the scenic Destin Harbor. Our rental fleet includes fishing boats, pontoon boats, powerboats, sailboats, and jet skis. Come fish, ski, cruise, or sail with us!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great experience in Destin. The kids loved it. Crab island was an experience well worth it and completely unique to Destin.

Heather T, Manager at Destin Vacation Boat Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you, Manuel! So glad you enjoyed your boat rental to Crab Island!

All reviews
"bay"
in 9 reviews
"bentley"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

By far I had absolutely the best boat rental experience ever! The rental process was easy, fast, all options were explained to us up front. Booking ahead of time is the best way to go! I highly recommend this company!!

Heather T, Manager at Destin Vacation Boat Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

So glad to hear you had an amazing rental experience! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great time.. took the kids to crab island. Staff was great and helpful. The only thing was our radio did not work lucky we brought a waterproof speaker to listen to music with!

HI Misty, glad to hear you enjoyed your rental. Stereos are a constant battle in an outdoor, marine environment, so we always recommend bringing a portable speaker as backup, just in case. Glad you brought yours! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Completely false expectations set. We had a large group of 26 people and wanted two boats, one double decker with a slide and another to shuttle people back and forth since we had little Kids with us who we knew would need to go take naps during our full day rental. They suggested actually to get the second boat as a pontoon as they thought it would be better for shuttling people. We also talked about places we could go in the bay besides crab island and they made some suggestions. Day of, we show up at a location of what must be their subcontractor La Dolce Vita (LDV). We show up, check in and then are told after we are on the boats that we can’t leave crab island with the double decker and that other companies will let people do it but they won’t. On top of that, if we come back to shuttle people on or off, we won’t be let back out. We had members of our group who were leaving the next day and when we talked about trying to find another company in the area were told we wouldn’t be able to find any that could accommodate what we were looking for last minute and that the cancellation policy is 24 hours. Stuck between a rock and a hard place and not wanting to scrap the entire day we went anyway only to find out that the radios weren’t working either and being told that they couldn’t fix them. They were rude throughout the process and not apologetic at all about the situation. Stay away!!!

1  Thank kgjink
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The equipment you rent from this company is of good quality and the people at Dockside were helpful. My only complaint is that the staff seems overwhelmed and under duress from the manager. If they don’t answer the phone before a certain number of rings it is forwarded to the manager. This happened while I was at the counter and the employee had to apologize as if she were in trouble. They are understaffed which in my opinion makes communication on the phone below par. On two separate occasions during my experience with this company mistakes were made. First they forgot to add a jet ski to my reservation and on the second miscommunication they reserved the wrong pontoon. When I tried to discuss my issues with the manager she was less than willing to hear my side. We still got on the water with the jetski and a pontoon and had a great time but paid more than 100$ than I was expecting. Please be aware management will not budge if this happens. Double check your confirmation email even if you clearly stated in the phone call what you wanted and their staff reads it back to you. I’d like to also add that I usually do reservations online but they have several places to rent from and the pontoon I originally wanted was not available at the same place as the jet ski so I had to call.

I take responsibility for not checking my confirmation but the attitude and personality of the manager will keep me from renting from here again.

This customer stated that he reserved a different boat than the one he paid for and the one we confirmed in writing (twice) with him. Upon check-in he stated that he reserved a cheaper boat and demanded to be given the larger boat at the cheaper price. He was able to produce his confirmation for the larger boat. Because we were completely sold out, there were no other options other than to allow him to cancel (we offered, he declined) or to take the boat he reserved. He decided to take the boat. A week later, he called and threatened to leave a bad review unless we paid him. Destin Vacation Boat Rentals will not be blackmailed to avoid a bad review, and this was explained to him in no uncertain terms before he hung up the phone on us. We feel this review, and the comments directed to the "manager's attitude" are a direct reflection of our refusal to pay him money to avoid this review.