5 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$96
Expedia.comUS$480
CheapTicketsUS$480
HurbUS$493
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2020

This was the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in! You can hear ever door close and every conversation in the hall. Furniture was very sparse without a single chair in the room. When I asked about chairs I was told to bring them in from the balcony. There was no dresser for clothes, only a hanging rod. The room didn't seem clean and the ceiling was stained and the texture coming off. The whole facility is badly in need of a complete remodeling! On the plus side, the staff was friendly and the place has a five-star view. I will not stay there again.

Room tip: The only reason to stay at this hotel is for the harbor view, otherwise find another place!
Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 29 August 2020

Dudes I cannot stress how thankful I am for Tony and Shanell, along with their manager. They were amazing! I drove 12 hours and they fit me in. Tony and Shanell took the time out of their way to help me if they had not of I probably would’ve driven another hour to find a place. But it was because they took that extra second out of their life to see that I was obviously tired and just wanted a bed. For that reason I will always come back to this hotel. Not only is the staff 5 star the rooms are perfect. Super clean, especially during the pandemic. That’s hard to find. Hands down you are dumb if you don’t stay here. You have a staff that cares and actually looks outside the box and their smart phones. That’s a diamond in the rough if you ask me. Stay here no questions asked. It’s superb.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Harbor Hospitality LLC, General Manager at The Inn on Destin Harbor - Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2021

Thank you very much for your feedback. I will pass along your comments to the staff. Come back again soon!!!

Reviewed 16 August 2020

We stayed in a handicapped accessible room on the 2nd floor, and it was dirty and in need of repairs. We almost had to break in the entry door each time, and the bathroom door was rotten and would not close and was dragging on the floor. The shower was not properly tiled, so the water ran out into the bathroom and was a safety hazard. The vanity was dirty/rotting at the bottom and very small, and there was not another mirror except in the bathroom. There was not a closet, and the only chairs were basic deck chairs from the balcony. TV was really small (27"?) and remote only worked paging down for channels. I could hear water running or splashing underneath room or in the wall; not sure if that was from the harbor. The only good feature of our room was a good view of the harbor from our balcony. Note: I do not recall guests wearing masks, and some employees were not wearing masks.

Room tip: Check room for amenities and cleanliness prior to renting.
Reviewed 9 August 2020

This hotel is so dirty, floor in my room was full of dirty my one year old was crawling on it and his knees and hands were black ! There were black dog prints on the side of my bed ! There was hair in the “clean” towels they give you , there was hair in the shower ! I passed the house keeper a few times I saw a mop but no mop bucket so she pretty much used the same gross mop and water in the same rooms and just pushed all the dirt around ! I ended up using a towel twice and cleaning the floors my self bc they said bc of covid they dnt offer house keeping! I think they meant they didnt offer it at all but that place was gross !!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2020 via mobile

Place is out of date. Rooms are somewhat clean but they need updated.
Last night had children running around at 1:30 in the morning on our floor, mother hollering, doors slamming, kids screaming.
Went on for about 30 minutes then calmed down. Woke me up out of a dead sleep. Tonight 7:00 dog next room started barking and would not stopped. Called and complained, called back at 8:00 and was told they could get us a different room. We told them to move the dog, we are the customer not the dog.
Wife got into a little altercation with the people next door that had the dog. They said they would give the dog a shot?
Heard some barking but it was a lot quieter, I think that they put the dog in the bathroom until the medicine took over. Anyways haven’t heard anything out of the dog yet at 9:01 pm 7/25 /2020

Date of stay: July 2020