All reviews harbor view room older hotel nice lobby watching the boats restaurants and bars walking distance harbor walk village yogurt king bed we've stayed beach area dolphins nightlife harborwalk
Reviewed 26 May 2015

I was pleasantly surprised by the Inn at Destin Harbor. the room was nice, the view from the balcony was lovely, it was relaxing and the continental breakfast was above average. All the staff I encountered were friendly and courteous.

Room tip: stay on the harbor side for a great view.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank sustainablesu
Reviewed 20 May 2015

When our Condo manager announced that the air conditioning would be off for up to a week in Gulfport, Mississippi, my wife announced that we were taking the cat and heading East. The closest area with nice beaches is the Florida Gulf Coast and we found an independent boutique hotel, that accepts pets in Destin. Inn on Destin Harbor fit all our needs. The prices were reasonable and they were pet friendly. The room had a balcony with a table and chair, and overlooked the entire harbor. They served a complimentary continental breakfast, in a breakfast area that overlooked the pool and harbor and the table even had a fresh flower vase, a nice touch. I look at some of the recent reviews and wonder, what people expect from a reasonably priced hotel? Sure the hotel is a bit older and the baths are small, but the staff is helpful, the rooms and baths are clean and comfortable. Within walking distance are a couple dozen restaurants, The Inn at Destin Harbor had everything we were looking for.

Room tip: Pay the slight upgrade for a harbor view room, it is well worth it
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PapaMike7
Reviewed 18 May 2015

There are few pet friendly hotels in Destin that are better than a Motel 6, so we went for this one. I is definately dated, and a typical beach town hotel. The wall in the bathroom was coming apart, and there was some tape trying to hold it together.
But it's relatively clean, and in a great location. We chose a room with the harbor view. For a $200 price tag, you would expect more, but when you travel with a pet, there are sacrifices at times.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynne R
Reviewed 7 May 2015

Want to start out by saying the front desk was very helpful and courteous. But the property shows its age. When we first checked in and went to our room on the fifth floor, I sat on the bed and it creaked like an old barn door. In fact, both beds in the room did. I immeaditely went to the front desk and asked if all the beds made such a horrendous noise. The young lady at the front desk offered us another room after explaining that the rooms on the upper floors had not been fully renovated yet. She graciously gave us another room. The beds were much better (no creaking noise) although the bathroom sink faucet handle did come off in my hand every time I turned on the water. Seems some more renovation is necessary. Also the staff seemed clueless about the area. When I asked about the very large and crowded restaurant right next door (see my review of Boshamps) no one could tell me anything about it. Huh? So the staff get credit for trying but need to find out more about their immediate area. What's up with that. And the hotel property itself gets a thumbs down until they complete renovations and make any necessary repairs. Oh, and they did have a decent breakfast included with the price of the room. Glad I only stayed one night though.

Room tip: Ask for one that has been renovated and does not need repairs!
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikial57
Reviewed 29 April 2015 via mobile

A comfortable hotel for my four night business trip. It is showing signs of its age but still offers great value for its location. Good breakfast with stunning views across Destin harbor. Staff are always happy to help with any questions.

Date of stay: April 2015