Lowest prices for your stay
US$637
SAVE US$37
Hotels.comUS$637
travelup.comUS$655
FindHotelUS$637
All reviews front desk walking distance nice hotel would definitely stay here again hot breakfast restaurants and shops short drive ihg beach elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

Our stay at the Holiday Inn on October 31st was made even better and more relaxing by the exceptional customer service provided by Mr Thomas. He is a great representation of the Holiday Inn brand. We look forward to our next visit to this location.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2020

Just an ordinary Holiday Inn Express. We arrived late at night. Given room as far away from elevator on third floor. We ended up dragging all our luggage up the stairs. No mention of our IHG Rewards Club Elite status. The front desk clerk was not very personable or welcoming. Made me feel like I was a bother to her.
Breakfast was decent given the CoVid situation with some hot food choices. Would most likely look elsewhere if ever in the area again. Just did not feel very welcome or appreciated here.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank Richard B
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Destin E - Commons Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

Hello Richard B,

I am glad you left feedback. Thanks for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Destin E - Commons Mall Area. We appreciate your support as an IHG Rewards Club Elite member.

We want your accommodations to always be efficient. I am sorry to learn about the lapses from our staff. I am concerned your Elite status was missed to be recognized. While we aim to provide excellent service, I am worried you felt uneasy with the assigned room location. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Cheers,

June A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 June 2020

We have stayed in several IHG properties and have been pleased with each. The only good things I can say about this particular Holiday Inn is that the staff here was super friendly, the bed comfortable, and breakfast distribution (with COVID rules) very efficient. The furniture in the rooms was old and the loveseat stained. There was only one small elevator and it opened right by the cleaning closet. The cleaning closet door was open and you could see the towels, cleaning solutions, and other things were in total disarray, including things on the floor. The cleaning carts were out in the hallway making navigating the hallway very difficult. The room smelled of smoke, yet it said all rooms were non-smoking. I was extremely uncomfortable and did not want to stay when we first came in, but we had no choice as there was no where else to go before our vacation rental home was ready. This room was very expensive (we even had the IHG reward discount) costing the same we paid for the IHG Crowne Plaza in Rome, Italy (over $300 for one night!). We will not stay here again. We did not get what we paid for.

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank BeaandRich
Holiday Inn E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Destin E - Commons Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2020

Thank you for your candid review. I would like to start by apologizing for your stay not meeting your expectations. We are 100% non smoking hotel however sometimes people do not follow rules and smoke. We do charge an extra $150 to someone and then the room goes out of order for a few days and has extra cleaning done. I really am sorry if the room may have had a smokey smell to it. I am pleased you still found the staff to be wonderful. But would like to also apologize for any inconveniences due to the cleaning carts. I will share your comments with my team in order to provide better service in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2020

We thoroughly enjoyed our day long tour of Oahu island. Started with Pearl Harbor and then around the island we went. Our driver Lisa was absolutely amazing. She provided history dates and other information as we traveled the island. Was the perfect way to see a lot. We loved it and would highly recommend

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Holiday Inn E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Destin E - Commons Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Thank you for your review of our hotel as well as the 5 stars. Although I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Hawaii I hope you enjoyed your stay in Destin with us as well. We hope you come back and visit.

Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

The hotel was great but the front desk clerk was rude. I was checking out and asked for 2 bottled waters. The lady said they didn’t offer bottle water and told us to go to the vending machine. The day before when we checked in the lovely ladies working the front desk offered us bottled waters and told us if we needed more to come on down. So I don’t understand why we were told no to water the following day. I felt discriminated against. The lady working the front desk on 2-2-2020 needs to be looked into.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Destin E - Commons Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the rudeness of the front desk staff the morning of your check out. We do not usually supply bottles of waters for our guests but have been giving them at check in for our Rewards members. We do have vending machines to purchase water from but if a guests comes up and requests to have a bottle of water and in your situation we do give them out and you should have been given one. I am so sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. I will share your comments with my team in order to provide better service in the future. We do hope you would give us another chance in the future to show you that your stay was an exception.