“Fantastic”
other travellers have booked this property
Deck of the main lodge.....a beautiful place to sit and enjoy the river and fire in the fire pit
View of the main deck with fire pit One of many swings to enjoy on property with a maganificent view of the river
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View of the main deck with fire pit
One of many swings to enjoy on property with a maganificent view of the river
View of the river from the garden
Relax and enjoy the river from the screened in porch of the guest house
The master bedroom of the guest house offers a view of the river
Relax with a book while viewing the river from the window seats of the guest house
One of two bathrooms in the guest house
A comfortable living room opens into the kitchen and dining room
The cozy guest bedroom fit for a princess
View of the ktichen and dining room
The grounds are perfect for weddings and private parties
Another private party in April, 2011
A perfect romantic get away for this couple celebrating the upcoming birth of their first baby!
Enjoy a private guided tour aboard our houseboat, 'Choctaw Lady'
A view from the garden
An old fashion swing hangs from a tree on the side of the main lodge
View from a small garden on the grounds
one of many hammocks on property for resting and napping
A magnificent sunset photo taken from one of the Choctaw Lodge docks
A white egret offers many opportunities for a beautiful photo moment
Enjoy a sunset cruise aboard the skiff 'River Runner' with our resident dogs, Gracie and Annie
There are many opportunities to view the wildlife on the Choctawhatchee River
Fall is a great Season to enjoy the beauty of the Choctawhatchee River
Flowers in the wild add to this magnificent area of Florida
One of many areas to visit by canoe or kayak
Flowers abound on and off property
Go back in time with 2000 year old cypress trees
An alligator rests on a log while enjoying the peace and quiet of the river
Discover hidden natural springs for swimming on a hot summer day
Canopy Lake is another favorite area to visit simply for its shear beauty
Choctaw Lodge Retreat is a favorite destination for nature lovers and birders
There is always a photo opportunity on the Choctawhatchee River
Lily pads on the Choctawhatchee River
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

446mvg
Ghent, Belgium
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 28 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My friends and I had a wonderful time there. It was great to kayak and to go on a boat ride. We had the best time. Ron and Katheryn are very warm and helpful people!

Reviewed 23 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

25 Nov 2016
Thank you Latavia for such a wonderful review! We can't wait for you to come back! By then, I will have perfected my new recipe, Monte Christo Breakfast Casserole!
Paula D
“Anniversary ”
Reviewed 28 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

It was our 32nd anniversary and what a treat a slice of paradise next to the river. Ron and Kathryn Hardy are very nice people who run the Choctaw Lodge. The main Lodge is the Gathering for the delicious breakfast Katheryn is an amazing cook. Her bread pudding ,cheese grits, quiche and cheesy potatoes and much more are to die for. There's an amazing array of fresh fruit and juices and coffee for your breakfast pleasures. Ron took us on an amazing River Ride on his Carolina Skiff great place for pictures and looking at nature. They have the guest house which we stayed in which the decor is beautiful overlooking the river we didn't want to leave. They also have a boat house that they rent out also. My husband loves to build a fire and they have fire pit next to the river that you can enjoy. They also do weddings there which I've seen the pictures and they're beautiful. I've actually thought about my daughter's wedding being there in the future. I highly recommend you make a stop out of your busy day life to spend some time here you will not regret it. Make sure to say hi to Annie and Gracie their sweet dogs.If your willing Annie is a great fresbie partner. If you need the city life of Destin but you want a quite place to relax this is a place for you. 5 stars to Ron and Kathryn.

30 Oct 2016
Thank you so much Tony and Paula for staying with us here at Choctaw Lodge Retreat! We are looking forward to seeing you again, in the near future! Ron and Kathryn
David B
Orlando, Florida
“Complete Relaxation in the comfort of a very nice stilt house on the river.”
Reviewed 30 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I Must start this review by saying the place is awesome!! the owners, wonderful people! their dogs are just as nice. the breakfast every morning served up whatever time you wish was also done very nicely food was prepared fresh every morning and was not just your everyday breakfast either! something really good and different each day. deep in the woods quiet! but yet you can be on Panama City beach in 18 minute drive. which I did every night for dinner. Sandbar Restaurant is super....
I took my two girls there for spring break and we all had a unforgettable Vacation. Ron took us on a very information filled boat ride to the springs which we all Loved. I can only hope you take my word for it stay here instead of the beach and just drive to the beach and drive back to Paradise you wont regret it!!!. I just want to say Kathryn's cooking is awesome! Ron is one Lucky Guy! she was very nice too. treated me and my girls like we were family. nice

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The overall experience the woods the beach just awesome
Liked least: there was noting I like least
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
31 Mar 2016
Thank you so much David for your lovely review! We have missed you all for breakfast since you left. Annie and Gracie do too! Hope you will return soon!
Ron and Kathryn
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing