“Looking for a pet friendly, spacious place to...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 79 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Looking for a pet friendly, spacious place to stay? This is it!”
Reviewed 4 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Room was very clean,spacious, and pet friendly. All furnishings were well taken care of, not the least bit 'shabby' as you might find in some hotel rooms.The only problem was the height of the beds. We are not tall people and my mother and I had quite a bit of trouble getting up on the beds. There should have been some type of footstool provided. Also, the person who worked the front desk early in the morning was a little rude.

“Great place”
Reviewed 16 March 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Room was really nice. Great location. Friendly staff. On site restaurant was really good.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Beachside Inn makes one want to come back!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

For the last 15 years, we have spent part of the winter in Fla., primarily in the Orlando area. We wanted to check out a new location this year and chose Destin. We looked at pet friendly locations and found the Beachside Inn. To start with, Jessica took care of our booking and provided a great description of the location and amenities. She told us we would love it there and we did! The location of Beachside was perfect for us.

The restaurant and coffee shop were right there and the beach with public access on a street that was pedestrian friendly. The pet exercise area was nice and well maintained. There were a number of restaurants, a church and other businesses in walking distance. I have never experienced such friendliness, from all people, at the places we went, things we did and where we stayed.

Jess was also invaluable in advising us as to where to go, how to get there and what to do. We can't brag on her enough. She is a jewel! We will be going back!

A TripAdvisor Member
“A bit too loud for me.”
Reviewed 30 November 2011 for a stay in November 2011

The room was very pretty, but as far as privacy goes, the "curtains" didn't cover the entire window. This is scary when you're a single girl with a dog that is in demand. I did not leave my dog there because she couldn't stay in the room privately due to insufficient window coverage.

Speaking of privacy, I slept worse in that room than any other three hotels this month due to noise level (even after 11pm).

To finish up, I was dissapointed in the cleanliness. At first glance, it looked perfect, but, someone like me who notices everything, started to see some impurities. The bathroom floor had dog hair on it prior to my dog entering. The sheets, under the cover-between the fitted sheet and loose sheet, was filled with sand. When I mentioned it to the Saturday front desk woman she explained the comforter had no been shook out well enough. This insulted my intelligence, although I never let on my complete unhappiness. Plus, aren't hotels supposed to switch out and launder the comforters?

I actually felt dirty leaving the hotel.

Rugged travelers
Management Response
30 Nov 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us and posting your review.
After reading the comments I was very surprised as I have never heard anything but praise from previous guests regarding room 210?
It is unfortunate that I did not learn of your discomfort and fear until I read your review. I would have most certainly addressed your issues. I have checked the draperies in room 210 and they do sit a little above the window ledge. They have since been lowered accordingly. No light can be seen from the outside. There has never been a safety issue at our Inn as we are located in a family friendly neighborhood. I am so sorry that you were in fear. Again, if you had brought your concerns to me or any other staff member, we would have gladly moved you to another room at any time of the day or night. We hold our cleaning staff to high standards and your comments were addressed to be assured that our rooms are spotless upon the arrival of our guests. I hope that your unpleasant experience will not deter you from visiting us again. The Beachside Inn team and I guarantee your next visit will be above and beyond your expectations.

Eunice Hemsley
Innkeeper
Mississippi
Reviewed 27 November 2011 for a stay in June 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$99
Night
Week
Book Now
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing