All reviews front desk queen suite destin commons hot items room was clean the breakfast area hotel is located walking distance booked this hotel hot breakfast great place to stay definitely stay here again hot tub very nice hotel nice pool free breakfast each morning
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I wanted to stay near the beach on my work trip for two nights. The hotel is located in a decent place if you are looking for shopping and food. I thought, based on other reviews that I would be able to access the beach easily. Here is what I got for about $50 less than a beach hotel: nice looking hotel in the middle of shops and restaurants. Seemed close to the beach but the traffic is horrible and to drive to the beach can be a nightmare during the summer because of the traffic. Walking to the beach is difficult because most of the beach is private so there is no quick way to get there. It was a very busy hotel packed with kids. The staff is very nice. This hotel design is like a country inn and suites so I wouldn’t be surprised that it used to be one. There is a staircase in the front to the second floor, fireplace and just laid out like an old country inn and suites hotel. I couldn’t enjoy the pool because there were so many kids in it. There are no benches outside the front of the hotel and no adult gathering place. It is bare bones. If you want to enjoy being outside but the pool is full of kids, your only option is to leave or sit on a curb in the parking lot. There are no balconies. So basically no outside space for adults to relax. You can walk to Publix or shopping and there is a good dinner pub in walking distance.
Now to the rooms. Clean, functional, good for a family as one room has two beds and a separate bedroom with door. Two TVs and one shared bathroom. If I came for a vacation and needed two beds separated by a door then it might work- if I was willing to drive to the beach. Refrigerator and microwave in the room. So many families here and they look like they are having a great time- I’m assuming they don’t have a pool at their home so this provides great entertainment. Lots of noise above me at night. The horrible air conditioning fan was loud but needed to drown out the noise of the kids in this hotel.
In summary- this was the least expensive hotel in the area and I bit off on it. (Still almost $200 a night in June) if I had known I would have paid the $230 or $250 for another hotel with a little more to offer. I was disappointed that it markets itself as a beach access hotel when you really have to drive and the traffic is horrible in this area. Also, they could, at the least, have seating out front for adult smokers or just people wanting to sit outside and not be by a pool full of children. No decent outdoor seating or areas away from families. But clean rooms, beds for a family, nice staff and convenient for eating and shopping. I’ll let you decide if this works for you. Next time I would pay the extra for hotel with a little more amenities.. or maybe just a seating area outside or balcony.. just expected more for almost $200 a night.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank DaneA424
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and teenage son stayed here for three nights on a quick mini vacation. I searched online for a while before we found a place that suited our budget AND that had good reviews! This hotel met our expectations and went beyond them. The front desk staff were always friendly and helpful with whatever we needed. They let me borrow a beach chair to take along to the beach which was great! Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good and had friendly staff working it also. It is about a 5 minute drive to the public beach (I recommend going to Henderson State Park and paying $6 for the day...so worth it!). We would stay here again if we ever came back to Destin!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We were in Destin this weekend for a wedding and our original hotel lost our reservation!! Best western stepped up and the amazing Steven at the front desk got us checked in well before normal check in hours so that we could get ready for the wedding. They really went above and beyond and I truly appreciate Steven for how sweet he was to us.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My fiancee and i came to Destin to get married and booked hotel rooms for our parents at best western sands. Steven was our contact at this location and was a pleasure to deal with. He took the time to get our parents rooms taken care of and was readily available whenever i called to confirm anything. Great customer service, greatly appreciated! Steven deserves a great recommendation and is the reason i will call this location again.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

The staff, especially Heather, was very accommodating and nice. The room was clean and updated. The daily maid service was top notch and very professional. This will be my #1 pick for my next stay in Destin!