All reviews manager ben room was clean make your own waffles needed a place to stay mickey mouse very nice stay will stay there again coffee maker hotel room cereal microwave hurricane irma orlando tile parks
Reviewed 20 April 2018

We arrived late in the evening for one night. The staff was very polite and helpful. The lobby and breakfast area are very nicely updated. Our hotel room was super clean, however the carpet was worn and the room needed paint. I think that some rooms have new tile in them, so it would be worth asking for a newly tiled room. We had a positive experience.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I reserved a room through reservations.com letting them know I have a pet. I was charged a higher rate/than/quoted on their website and understood that i would have to pay a $15. Pet fee per night. But when we got there they charged me not only the pet fee but also what they call an upgrade charge of $25. More a night. The manager Caleb also had a smug attitude about this. I could have stayed cheaper at a better hotel that takes pets if i knew they were going to cheat me when i got there.

Room tip: Don't stay at this quality inn
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Christina V W, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Maingate South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank You for ,sharing your visit to Quality Inn Davenport. Sadly, people seem to think when we say; "Pet Friendly Rooms" it means all of the rooms on the property are pet Friendly.This is not the case; because of allergies and other issues, we have a limited number of "Pet Friendly" rooms on the property. When making reservations through an Online Travel Agent the information you give to them is not always relayed to the actual hotel nor is the proper room type selected. Because of this, for the sake of your pet, it's always better to make reservations directly with the hotel or through Choicehotels.com. By doing so, you won't feel "scammed" and the desk agent won't have to explain that the room reserved was NOT a pet friendly room and as a result additional upgrade & pet fees will apply. Again, thank you for sharing your visit and we apologize for your confusion.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We got there around 1:30 and asked if we could check in early if rooms were available and they told us that they had no rooms ready and that we would have to wait until 3pm for the regular check in time. (fair enough) We left to get some food and then came back to a whole boat load of cyclists doing some type of biking event that were also waiting to check in. We had to wait in line for about 45 minutes just to get checked in. (not the hotels fault, but still aggravating) After finally checking in we were on our way to our room and one of the bikers told us that they hope our room is clean and ready because they were just sent to 2 different rooms and none of them were cleaned and ready to stay in. Sure enough after needing to wait until ROOMS WERE SUPPOSEDLY READY we opened our hotel door and our room was also a complete mess and not ready for the next party. They were giving multiple rooms to people and none of them were even cleaned and ready? We went and complained about it and they gave us another room. When we got to the new room it smelled like a bunch of dogs?! This is a hotel that allows pets and we got one that smelled so bad we couldn't even step foot past the door. Needless to say we went back to the front desk and demanded a refund and left. To make it worse the manager (at least that is what her name tag said) didn't once apologize or show any kind of sympathy for our horrible experience and just acted like it was no big deal. She didn't offer us any discounts to try another room or anything. This whole experience took about 4 hours of our day away that was much needed to enjoy the day because after spending a total of about 90 minutes there we had to try to find another hotel which was tough to do because it was Saturday and most were booked or too expensive. It's safe to say that I will NEVER go back to this place and anyone looking to book it should keep this review in mind. Maybe it will be better for someone else, but from the service we got I doubt it will be much better regardless. Absolutely horrible!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your visit to Quality Inn Davenport. We are sorry to hear of your experience and rest assured I will share your experience with our entire staff.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My job involves a lot of travel. I’ve stayed in many four- and five-star properties across the country. However, I love staying in Comfort Inns and Quality Inns for their various amenities.

The same amenities that I didn’t find here.

Parents: here’s what you won’t find.

No: a fridge and microwave in every room. (For $15 extra a night, you can upgrade to a room with a fridge and a microwave. I call this “bait and switch” b/c most Quality Inns have these items. This one does not.)

No: large rooms. In fact, the rooms come with two full-sized beds, not queens. And still the room is super tight.

No: decent breakfast. Takes "basic" to a new level. (Plus a staff member stands guard throughout the breakfast to police the food. In ten years, I’ve never seen a staff member do this sort of thing.)

No: A computer and printer in the lobby. Want to print out tickets to Legoland or DW? Nope, can't do that.

No: fitness room.

The pool: I saw it, but didn’t have time to check its cleanliness.

Outdoor noises: The property is super close to a major street and you’ll hear sirens all. night. long. (Which actually made me laugh. At that point, sirens were the least of our problems.)

Staff: Not friendly in the least.

I thought I’d booked the Comfort Inn in Davenport. Big mistake on my part. My kids had a ball laughing at traveler-mom who messed up on our hotel so badly.

Trust me. Spend the extra cash on the Comfort Inn below. It’s no savings if you have a bad trip experience.

4095 Hotel Dr, Davenport, FL 33897.

(863) 353-4510

Also, fyi: there is a Davenport, IOWA. Double-check that you reserve a room in Florida.

Also, looks worth trying: Giovanni's Pizza is about four mins. from the Comfort Inn and it's right next to an upscale bistro & bar.

To the owner of this Quality Inn: You will make customers-for-life if you upgrade your property rather than taking advantage of guests. Because you sit central to both Orlando and Legoland, you’re sitting on a gold mine. Upgrade your property, and the beautiful reviews and ecstatic guests will leave you rolling in the dough.

Room tip: Best tip: don't stay here. (But if you must: request a room far from the main road.)
Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank sunni2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I understand it's supposed to be a cheaper hotel, but for $85 a night, the place is a dump! Then try to get breakfast, they literally have the manager breathing down your neck if you dare take too much food! Never been rationed at a continental breakfast. The rooms leave a lot to desire, bugs, mold and the smell... if you have kids, avoid at all cost because this place also seems to rent rooms out to the local drug user population, walking my dog I saw a plethora of needles and empty dime bags on the grounds.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jlfaulring
Christina V W, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Maingate South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Jlfaulring, Thank You for taking the time to review your stay at Quality Inn Davenport. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Our desk staff is available 24 hours a day to assist with any issues during your stay if you bring to their attention. Our Breakfast Managers are at breakfast daily to keep all items stocked, cleaned and to assist and interact with guests. The only time a breakfast manager will "limit" you is when you leave the breakfast area with foods, as it is only allowed to be consumed in the breakfast area. We have shared your "plethora of needles" comment with our maintenance staff, who walk the grounds daily to clean up any visible trash and have yet to come across that issue. Again thank you for sharing your visit.