“Great little spot on the beach”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Crescent Moon

the living area
private area off of front patio for hosing off and doggie bathtub side of cottage to side patio
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
the living area
private area off of front patio for hosing off and doggie bathtub
side of cottage to side patio
Weber gas grill provided
bird's nest on side patio and light reflection mobile
inside the side patio with the jasmine blooming
large armoire with linens and drawers for guests
detail of corner with fold out sofa
the kitchen sink
the stove and oven
after a rain across the street from the cottage
beach pass rates and entrance one block away for driving on beach
the dunes forever changing
up from the beach to the house one block walk
the beach walkway or drive on  from Mary
beautiful Butler Beach one block away
St Augustine Lighthouse about 8 minutes away
The Mutiny in St. Augustine
Bridge of Lions 10 miles from house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
lmnovak11
Orlando, Florida
“Great little spot on the beach”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

The house exceeded our expectations. Plenty of space for two people and a dog. Great location very close to the beach. The jasmine that lined the patio fence was blooming and smelled beautiful throughout the house. The kitchen was really well stocked and we didn't miss anything when we made dinner. Only complaint there was the coffee maker. If you are coffee drinkers like us, you probably want to bring your own coffee maker. There was a Publix pretty close which was nice, also. A little far from the St. Augustine historic area but the map is pretty clear about that. Very quiet neighborhood so if you're looking for a party or to play music late without feeling weird, then probably not for you. We thought it was perfect.

One caution, since there is no tub (only shower) and low water pressure, it was pretty much impossible to wash our dog.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to beach
Liked least: No tub for the dog.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
19 May 2014
A new coffee maker is on the way! There is a hose around the north side of the front patio of the Crescent Moon for washing off sandy pets, feet and beach toys. I have made that clearer in the information I send to guests. I am sorry you did not know about it for your pet! I am also looking for a doggie bathtub to make it all easier for my guests to bathe their animals. Thank you for the great review and input is always important. I will continue to make it as comfortable as possible. Please come back and enjoy The Crescent Moon again! Martie McLean, owner
xtremeter...
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Place and Location, Beats Any Hotel or Condo!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Recently, my wife, I, and our dog went for a long weekend vacation to St. Augustine. We came across this vacation rental and took a chance on it. I'm glad we did because we absolutely loved it.

It has most all the amenities one would need: comfortable bed, good bathroom, full service kitchen, internet/wifi, tv, and satellite. There are even things that are a plus like covered parking and a little front and back patio. It's a block from the beach ramp, which really isn't bad. You don't have to cross any busy roads to get to it and it takes you maybe a minute to get there. You are also an easy 15 min drive to Old Town St. Augustine. There are plenty of grocery stores, food, and shopping in walking distance or a short drive.

The bathroom is in the master, so if you are planning on having more than two people stay here or visit you, they will need to go through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. Also, there is not a dishwasher or food disposal. Be prepared to clean your plates off into the trash can before you wash dishes. Both this are not a problem, I just wanted others looking into this place to be informed about it.

We will certainly be back again! I would certainly recommend it to my friends and family. In my opinion, it beats any hotel or condo.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, price, amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
21 Apr 2014
Thank you for the lovely review! I do hope you return. The Crescent Moon is a home away from home for travelers and I agree it outshines the condo scene. I particularly appreciated the 5 star on service! I am sole owner and manager so it is a caring, personal service from me for my important guests. Martie McLean
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing