“Sadly, just meh”

Thu, 04/15
20:00
Ranked #46 of 141 Restaurants in Cocoa Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: 4th Street Fillin Station Gastrobar & Grill is a thoughtfully designed, eclectic local restaurant and bar constructed inside a working Mobil gas station. The old garage bays have been converted into the interior restaurant and bar area with large glass tables built on top of the two existing vehicle lifts. The backyard boasts a large landscaped seating area with a full bar, several decks, a fire pit and a shaded area under a 100 year old oak tree. You won't find any typical bar food on this menu. The chef-inspired menu offers up classic dishes with a twist like the 2AM burger topped with french fries, a fried egg and firecracker sauce. All of our meats are are either slow-smoked on our Big Green Egg or grilled to perfections. The only thing we drop in our fryer are the fries. We have over ten plant-based menu items for our vegan friends and a gluten free menu available for those who are gluten-free. Families with kids are welcome, just ask your server for a kids menu.
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Went here last night with my family based on a recommendation. The premise of the place seemed fun and hip. It was a Friday night, and was pretty crowded especially considering it was during Covid. We were lucky to score outside seating and I honestly never saw the interior of the place, except for what I could see through the open patio doors.

Our waiter was very upbeat and made some suggestions. The menu had great drinks listed and the ones we ordered were very good. All food took a ridiculously long time to come. The poutine appetizer was good and was a decent size. The cauliflower appetizer was spicy as could be and unnecessarily small for the price charged. When our food finally arrived it was cold. My daughter got a grilled cheese and it was all congealed. I had a burger and it was dry and boring for all the hype the waiter gave it. My other daughter had the bugoli beef bowl and after two bites refused to eat it - crazy spicy and there was tons of cabbage sitting on top of rice. No sides were included - all al la cart which was ridiculous. I got and order of yuca fries - and there were 6!

After a very long wait , against my better judgement, we ordered dessert off a menu that sounded so enticing, but that too proved to be disappointing. Ice cream served on a cold, hard waffle in a flimsy paper fry dish.

This was our last night on our vacation and it was the worst meal we had. There was a constant stream of people going in, and seemed like a popular place. I couldn’t recommend this based on food, but maybe it could be fun just for drinks.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (111)

Reviewed 1 February 2021

We met friends there and sat in the back courtyard. The ambiance and food were great! They have heaters which kept us comfortable. The variety of appetizers and entrees we ordered were excellent. The server was also really good. This is a great place to go!

Reviewed 30 January 2021 via mobile

My friend and I walked in around 1230 on a weekday . Place was packed , and we sat outside . Michelle our server was awesome! Food was ordered and came quickly . The Cauliflower tacos and street corn so yummy . Mahi tacos also a hit! Thx Michelle ! Great service !

2  Thank Gatorsxc2
Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

Have eaten here three times (dinner twice and now brunch) in the past 6 weeks and I have take my hat off, they knocked it out of the park all three times. Everything has been great, so there is nothing I’d be afraid to try. Looking forward to visit number 4!!

Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

These folks got it going on. Really tight. Friendly service, eclectic menu, high quality ingredients, and well prepared. Priced right too

1  Thank Radjeff