“This place should be #1 on TA. ”
Review of Sage Bistro

Sage Bistro
Reserve a table
Tue, 04/20
20:00
Description: Sage Bistro provides a casual, fine-dining atmosphere and excellent food. Chef Jordan Malmstrom established a scratch kitchen and makes weekly specials utilizing seasonal foods. Enjoy fresh wild caught fish, delicious steaks, homemade pasta, chicken and authentic German dishes nightly. House specialties include: Lobster Pot Pie made with a Mournay sauce, Pesto Cream Shrimp, Risotto, and more.
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

We arrived without having called for reservations but were fortunate to get a nice table next to the tree wall mural which coincidentally had been painted by our server Robin.

We loved this place. Everything is made from scratch in-house except for the bread.

My eyes were bigger than my stomach and ordered several different dishes including the salmon appetizer for us both, lobster pot pie for my wife and I ordered the tenderloin which wasn't available, so I opted to go with the NY strip, if memory serves me well.

The lobster dish came with a side salad, while I opted for the chardonnay mushroom soup. The salad was nice and the vinaigrette was very good, but the soup was awesome!

The salmon tapas was excellent. The lobster pot pie was a home run, while my steak was a bit of a letdown.

We ordered some sparkling water and what I thought was a reasonable price for a high-quality bottle of Cali Cab Sauvignon.

Sarah who had originally seated us, came to our table to see how was our meal? She is not only the manager but the owner. Her son is the chef and they together opened this place.

We congratulated and wished her all the best. We let her know that we loved her restaurant and that we would be back again.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (172)

Reviewed 16 January 2021

Had the best dinner. Romantic. All food made from scratch. I can’t even begin to say how amazing the food was. We will definitely be back

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank bonniew289
Reviewed 6 December 2020

Summary:
Appetizer - Scallops with lobster sauce but we couldn't find the sauce. Four scallops for $15 was a bit much and they only tasted OK.
Entree 1 - Sage pasta Alfredo. OUTSTANDING, one of the best I've ever tasted.
Entree 2 - Pork tenderloin. Very good with a somewhat strange but tasty spice.
Dessert - Apple crisp. Very good, nice and sweet.
Our server Robyn was very good and we will DEFINITELY go back.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank BobOZee
Reviewed 24 November 2020

This was a find that was not on our recommended list. Excellent! The only issue for us was that we pigged out during Happy Hour. We ordered the Scallop and Shrimp Rangoon apps to share and they were really good. Now we should have been smart and shared an entree, but nooooooo, can't do that. We each ordered a Mahi special and they were very tasty. Of course we took half of each home and made another meal out of it. We would love to go back and try other options next time we are in town. DO NOT bypass this restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank MrandMrsT24
Reviewed 27 October 2020

I've been going here several times a year since before they were Sage Bistro and I've almost always had a great experience (I wrote a 3 star review about the wait staff in the past but the food has always been excellent). There really is only one place in CC for casual/fine dining. This is it, and I'm glad they're here.

Two suggestions for them going forward. One-You have a piano-it would be nice if someone played it. Two-I always bring my own wine and pay the corking fee but do wish you'd improve the wine list a bit.

Date of visit: October 2020