Lowest prices for your stay
US$113
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$113
Trip.com
US$104
Hotels.comUS$113
PricelineUS$113
HurbUS$122
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2021

So, when we first got into the room the cabinet door underneath the sink broke off, so I told the matenince man about it, and he told me that he would get to it when he could. The door never got fixed after telling the front office about it multiple different times. The front door would not close and lock to where you couldn't just walk in from the outside, the room was not clean at all, rust in the bathtub, the kitchen sink worked about 30% of the time, and when it did work, it made a loud screaming noise. There was random loud bang at times which makes me think there is a problem with the plumbing. There are drug dealers that live there and people fly through the parking lot not caring about the children that may or may not be staying there. The worst part of it was when it was time for us to leave, the manager walked into our room and started screaming at my wife and I calling us liars because of the door that NEVER got fixed. He accused us of making up excuses and threatening to call the police on us when we were trying to get our things out of the room. Standing between us where we couldn't get by him screaming and cussing at us. This is the worst hotel that you could ever possibly stay at. Save yourself the time and the money. DO NOT STAY HERE

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
ESA GM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2021

Brandon, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take these matters very seriously and will take the necessary actions to ensure this is properly addressed.

Reviewed 14 November 2020

You can sit and count the roaches as they run. Gotta be quick because they’re the little baby ones.
The ghetto thugs live at the hotel so the parking lot is booming with rap music and them talking in the stairways all night.
Place is a dump- get what you pay for

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank N998IYtiffanyc
iResponze Alerts, Agency / Consultant at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2020

Please accept our apologies for the insects in your room. Our pest control provider has serviced our hotel, and we are working to ensure such issues do not happen in the future. Also, we regret the inconvenience caused due to the other guests on the property. We wish we had the opportunity to address the issue while you were here as we would have done our best to ensure you were comfortable. We do hope you consider staying with us again, as we would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 7 September 2020

I understand it's during covid but you had to practically beg to get fresh towels. Bugs in the room. Key didn't work on 4 separate occasions. TV didn't work the 1st three days I was there and then again two other times.

And then to top it off, I was trying to stay for an additional 5 days (figuring the value could be there) --I just wanted a fresh, new room, free of bugs. I received a call from one of the managers saying the old room I stayed in was left a mess. There was one linen on the floor, 2 pop bottles and a liquor bottle left behind. Sorry, but I thought the rooms were to be cleaned by staff. After being denied an early check in to the new room, I had to scramble to get everything out of the 1st room. This manager was more than rude on the phone. Despicable.

Don't bother with this dump. Very sketchy figures allowed to roam the parking lots as well.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
iResponze Alerts, Agency / Consultant at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

We were disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered during your stay. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free visit, and we regret not meeting your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we will address the concerns you outlined with our team to take corrective actions. We value you as our guest and regret the inconvenience caused. We hope to have a chance to provide you with the stay you deserve on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2020

I checked into this hotel and the conditioning did not work. After calling down to the front desk, I was advised to come back and the room would be switched. By the time I made it back to the office a manager had showed up to help out the lady checking in all the guests and instead of helping me switch the rooms she quizzes me on if I knew how to operate the air conditioner. She also implied it may not get as cool as I like it. Which was not the case as the air wouldn't even turn on. During this conversation the other worker was even trying to tell her, no the air conditioner doesn't work. After a brief exchange of information a new room was assigned and as I was leaving the office I was asked to leave a positive review of the good service that I just received.

Once I got to my new room, the first thing I check is the air conditioner. It did not work at all. I called down to the office again and advised the air conditioning wasn't working. I could hear the manager in the background saying I'm not sure what we're going to be able to do for him so I was trying to tell them they have 5 minutes to decide or I need to call and cancel my dinner meeting or push it back. But instead the manager grabs the phone and all she hears is they have 5 minutes and took it as a threat. She wouldn't listen to anything else. If she would have just listened to what I was trying to do for them we wouldn't have a problem. My meeting was going to run most of the night and if they couldn't figure out something in the next 5 minutes I would get ready leave my stuff in that room and they could figure out how to get it fixed as I wouldn't be back until midnight or after.

However the manager took it as a threat and asked me to leave. I'm not a violent person nor did I threaten anyone with their job or any act of violence. The lack of a manager listening to a guest who has a legitimate complaint and then saying I'm sorry I'm going to check you out because you're threatening one of my employees is just crazy. In all my years of travel and all the problems I've ever had in hotels this is a first for me. I've never been asked to leave.

As I was leaving in a calm voice I did tell the manager if the room has an issue like the two rooms you've given me tonight with no air conditioning, be nice and tell me at check in. Her response? She literally told me to shut up and leave the premises.

This is an old and dated hotel even though it's an Extended Stay America. I have stayed at several in this chain and have never had this level of bad service or low quality rooms.

I've have recovered my money which took almost 4 days for the hotel to approve the refund. It was booked through Priceline and they even had trouble communicating with the property. Priceline called me to let me know about the refund and requested me to fill out a detailed incident report. Apparently I'm not the first to have the exact same issue.

Just to be clear, I did reach out to the hotel and never heard back.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank dman2575
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2020

Dear dman2575,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your feedback. We strive to provide our guests with outstanding hospitality, and we are very disappointed that you encountered these problems; moreover, we apologize we were unable to resolve them to your satisfaction. We are reviewing the incident you described to see what went wrong and how we could have handled the situation better. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2020 via mobile

Ok. Came here just to get out of my house. I first walked up, the lobby is small but modern and clean. I stayed in room 170. Walking up to the door, which was ajar, I noticed the bed wasn’t completely made, pillows didn’t have pillowcases. I decided to leave the door open, looked under the bed, it was socks, bottles of liquid‍♀️ no clue what they were. The bathroom ‍♀️‍♀️ was dirt, visible dirt around the toilet, the toilet didn’t flush, the door was split open, the tub was nasty, the shower curtain let the water out of the shower because it’s too short. I was missing a nightstand, no dishes whatsoever, this place was a joke and I’ll never stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2020
1  Thank laurenw123456789
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2020

Lauren, thank you for your review. We are very sorry for the condition of your room when you arrived. We work diligently to make sure all of our rooms are perfectly clean and comfortable upon check-in, and we obviously fell short in your case. Your feedback has been shared with the team so appropriate measures can be taken to keep such mistakes from happening again. We hope you will give us another chance to prove ourselves on a future visit.