Lowest prices for your stay
US$113
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$113
Trip.com
US$104
Hotels.comUS$113
PricelineUS$113
eDreamsUS$113
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2020

I understand it's during covid but you had to practically beg to get fresh towels. Bugs in the room. Key didn't work on 4 separate occasions. TV didn't work the 1st three days I was there and then again two other times.

And then to top it off, I was trying to stay for an additional 5 days (figuring the value could be there) --I just wanted a fresh, new room, free of bugs. I received a call from one of the managers saying the old room I stayed in was left a mess. There was one linen on the floor, 2 pop bottles and a liquor bottle left behind. Sorry, but I thought the rooms were to be cleaned by staff. After being denied an early check in to the new room, I had to scramble to get everything out of the 1st room. This manager was more than rude on the phone. Despicable.

Don't bother with this dump. Very sketchy figures allowed to roam the parking lots as well.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
iResponze Alerts, Agency / Consultant at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

We were disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered during your stay. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free visit, and we regret not meeting your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we will address the concerns you outlined with our team to take corrective actions. We value you as our guest and regret the inconvenience caused. We hope to have a chance to provide you with the stay you deserve on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2020

I checked into this hotel and the conditioning did not work. After calling down to the front desk, I was advised to come back and the room would be switched. By the time I made it back to the office a manager had showed up to help out the lady checking in all the guests and instead of helping me switch the rooms she quizzes me on if I knew how to operate the air conditioner. She also implied it may not get as cool as I like it. Which was not the case as the air wouldn't even turn on. During this conversation the other worker was even trying to tell her, no the air conditioner doesn't work. After a brief exchange of information a new room was assigned and as I was leaving the office I was asked to leave a positive review of the good service that I just received.

Once I got to my new room, the first thing I check is the air conditioner. It did not work at all. I called down to the office again and advised the air conditioning wasn't working. I could hear the manager in the background saying I'm not sure what we're going to be able to do for him so I was trying to tell them they have 5 minutes to decide or I need to call and cancel my dinner meeting or push it back. But instead the manager grabs the phone and all she hears is they have 5 minutes and took it as a threat. She wouldn't listen to anything else. If she would have just listened to what I was trying to do for them we wouldn't have a problem. My meeting was going to run most of the night and if they couldn't figure out something in the next 5 minutes I would get ready leave my stuff in that room and they could figure out how to get it fixed as I wouldn't be back until midnight or after.

However the manager took it as a threat and asked me to leave. I'm not a violent person nor did I threaten anyone with their job or any act of violence. The lack of a manager listening to a guest who has a legitimate complaint and then saying I'm sorry I'm going to check you out because you're threatening one of my employees is just crazy. In all my years of travel and all the problems I've ever had in hotels this is a first for me. I've never been asked to leave.

As I was leaving in a calm voice I did tell the manager if the room has an issue like the two rooms you've given me tonight with no air conditioning, be nice and tell me at check in. Her response? She literally told me to shut up and leave the premises.

This is an old and dated hotel even though it's an Extended Stay America. I have stayed at several in this chain and have never had this level of bad service or low quality rooms.

I've have recovered my money which took almost 4 days for the hotel to approve the refund. It was booked through Priceline and they even had trouble communicating with the property. Priceline called me to let me know about the refund and requested me to fill out a detailed incident report. Apparently I'm not the first to have the exact same issue.

Just to be clear, I did reach out to the hotel and never heard back.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank dman2575
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2020

Dear dman2575,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your feedback. We strive to provide our guests with outstanding hospitality, and we are very disappointed that you encountered these problems; moreover, we apologize we were unable to resolve them to your satisfaction. We are reviewing the incident you described to see what went wrong and how we could have handled the situation better. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2020 via mobile

Ok. Came here just to get out of my house. I first walked up, the lobby is small but modern and clean. I stayed in room 170. Walking up to the door, which was ajar, I noticed the bed wasn’t completely made, pillows didn’t have pillowcases. I decided to leave the door open, looked under the bed, it was socks, bottles of liquid‍♀️ no clue what they were. The bathroom ‍♀️‍♀️ was dirt, visible dirt around the toilet, the toilet didn’t flush, the door was split open, the tub was nasty, the shower curtain let the water out of the shower because it’s too short. I was missing a nightstand, no dishes whatsoever, this place was a joke and I’ll never stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2020
1  Thank laurenw123456789
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2020

Lauren, thank you for your review. We are very sorry for the condition of your room when you arrived. We work diligently to make sure all of our rooms are perfectly clean and comfortable upon check-in, and we obviously fell short in your case. Your feedback has been shared with the team so appropriate measures can be taken to keep such mistakes from happening again. We hope you will give us another chance to prove ourselves on a future visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2020

DO NOT STAY HERE. this place is filthy to the extent of being a health hazard. There is gangster rap being blared loudly in the parking lot late at night. Many of the residents are quite unsavory looking -- AVOID THIS PROPERTY!!!

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank Aguocha
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Thank you for your evaluation of your time with us. We are sorry we did not provide you with the refreshing stay that you deserved. Please be assured that we have discussed your feedback with our housekeeping team, and we are working on our protocols to ensure that this does not happen again. We also regret the inconvenience you had due to the noise from other guests at the property. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future to provide you with a much better stay.

Reviewed 19 February 2020

Not your best option. The carpet is stained and dirty, the kitchen and bath floors are sticky. There is some sort of mold? rust? along the side of the frig which faces the cooktop. No ice machine, the included breakfast is 'grab and go', bad coffee and cheap prepackaged muffins. Skip this place

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank 12bigfish34
iResponze A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2020

Thank you for being our guest. We apologize for the cleanliness issue you had in your room, which impacted your overall experience with us. Your frustrations are understood, and our housekeeping team will take corrective measures to avoid such problems moving forward. We regret the disappointment you had with our grab-and-go breakfast, and your concern will help our Brand Leaders to improve our product offerings. Please give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.