“Excellent seafood at seaside watering hole”
Review of The Fish House

The Fish House
Ranked #33 of 187 Restaurants in Bonita Springs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I spent a day at Lover's Key in the Bonita Beach area. The reason we ended up at the Fish House was because Coconut Jack's was too full - no parking. So, the Fish House was the next seafood / watering hole on our way back to the hotel.
The wait was 45 minutes... but, my wife found a table by the bar when she used the restroom, so we waited only 10 minutes. (There are limited tables by the bar and you have to ask the bartender for service, but he was awesome and took care of us).
Note: There is plenty of outdoor seating, but this is Florida, if you sunburn easily, be mindful that you'll be sitting in the sun.

Wife wife ordered the coconut shrimp, and I ordered the fish tacos (but with blackened shrimp).... all of it was fresh and amazing.
The Key Lime Pie was simply the best I've ever had... and my wife and I get it often at restaurants to see who does it best.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (166)

Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

So we stopped by to have lunch about 1:00 pm. We were seated by the water. The sun was so hot it melted the crayons they put in the children's meal menu. We asked for an umbrella but were told that one fell on a customer and they no longer provide them. The food was OK, nothing great. The Cod was definitely previously frozen. Not Good. It will be some time before we return.

Reviewed 1 April 2021 via mobile

Fills up fast at peak hours, keep an eye out of parking 60ft down from the main restaurant. Fresh seafood and friendly service.

1  Thank emmsyd1
Reviewed 23 March 2021

We wanted outdoor dining as much as possible during our recent stay in Bonita Springs so we opted to give this place a try. There was a little bit of a wait but we got a drink from the bar and hung out in the parking lot with everyone else for a while. Got a seat on the outside deck right along the water. Great atmosphere and very comfortable from a socially distant point of view.
The food was good - very generous portions - almost too generous. The ceviche appetizer was big enough to be a dinner. One small hiccup - I ordered hush puppies and the waitress raved about how good they were. She came back right before our dinners got delivered and told me they were out of hush puppies. I disappointingly substituted sweet potato fries - which did not come with my dinner and didn't show up until we were almost finished eating.
Overall we were happy with our dinners and the service. Just be prepared for a crowd as this looks to be a popular spot.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 19 March 2021

We were staying in the area and actually ate hear twice. Everything we had was very good. They are excellent at frying food, but everything was fresh and reasonable.

Great find - we will return.

Also we ate outside on both occasions they have a good amount of outdoor seating.

Date of visit: March 2021