Cooter Brown's Twisted Southern Kitchen and Bourbon Bar
Ranked #98 of 290 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

A bit difficult to find but word of mouth advertising seems to be working well for Cooter Brown in Rehoboth Beach. On the second floor of a corner outside mall (stairs and elevator access), it’s worth the trek.

Unfortunately, I can’t remember All the dishes we sampled but I can remember this. Wings with an Alabama sauce were banging!! There was another dish with shrimp, cornbread and drizzled in a sauce which was FANTASTIC.

On this especially cold day with over a foot of snow stacked on the curbs, they offered a hot buttered alcoholic drink. Can’t remember the name but after two of these delicious concoctions, the name just wasn’t that important.

Parking in Rehoboth is always a drag but more so in the summer, of course. The owners and staff afford you the opportunity to forget all that with great food, drinks and superb service.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

We put off going to Cooter Browns and are sorry we waited so long. We went on a cold Sumday evening. The fireplace was a welcome addition. For starters, we had the deviled eggs. At $6 for three pieces, the price was a bit steep, but they were delicious. I had a warm cocktail which helped take the chill away. For entree, I had a trio sampler of ribs, brisket & pulled pork to see what I would have on my NEXT visit! All were excellent. My partner had the sweet tea fried chicken. I had a piece. Excellent as well. I had an order of fried green tomatoes as a side, as well as hush puppies. Definately as good as any deep South restaurant.

I can’t wait to dine in warmer weather when the outdoor seating section is open. It will be a favorite of mine during the summer!

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped in before dinner at another local establishment. Love the atmosphere - and the bartenders were fantastic!! We will certainly be back as the menu looks great too!!

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

This was our fourth visit this year! Every time we go to Rehoboth, my husband is all about heading to Cooter Brown’s! I do like their chicken and waffles, but as a wine drinker, I don’t have the same feel! He loves having so many bourbon choices and says the Manhattan is excellent. The servers have been great and even frito pie is pretty darn good! Worth a visit!

1  Thank Judi T
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Stopped in for a snack of oysters and wings. Try the bourbon cocktails. Went back for dinner. Prices are reasonable and service was good.