“Decent Mexican on Main Street”

Santa Fe Mexican Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Santa Fe Mexican Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 409 Restaurants in Newark
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Chapel
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Not bad Mexican in Newark. Margs are always good as well as the tacos. Prob the best Mexican on Main Street.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 20 February 2018

My daughter and I stopped in for a quick lunch. The tortilla chips and salsa were so good we couldn't stop munching. For lunch I had a chicken enchilada with green sauce and my daughter had cheese quesadilla. Both were absolutely delicious. Our server was very friendly and attentive. Would return in a second.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 January 2018

My wife and I went here for Newark Restaurant Week. The food was very good. The drinks (house margarita, classic mojito) were average, and somewhat on the weak side. I had the butternut squash soup (not on the regular menu) and Chile Relleno (on the regular menu), while my wife had the corn salad (on the regular menu) and Arrozo Con Pollo (on the regular menu). The food was tasty and flavorful. Be warned that you can get a spicy Chile Relleno, which I enjoyed. The chips and salsa were very good. The fried ice cream was tasty and very filling. Service was very good. Lauren kept the table refilled with chips and water.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 13 October 2017

In the past, there had been very good experiences at this place. However during an expected visit on a Wednesday night, we were told the kitchen closed at 10:45pm. In the past, we remembered there was at least a late night menu. Giving this one star in hopes it will send a clue!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Friendly place includes indoor and outdoor seating. In the end of August the place was filled with university students and their families. Santa Fe Mexican Grill features good Mexican cuisine with all the expected standards on the menu. The service is good but a bit chaotic on a busy day.

Date of visit: August 2017