Reviews (1 044)
1 044 results
All reviews golf course golf club free bottle of wine spa treatments mini bar superior room spa area sauna and steam room reception staff lovely hotel afternoon tea leeds castle public areas great weekend stayed one night buffet style birthday treat
4 - 9 of 1 044 reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here for a night with my partner. The hotel seems mainly geared towards weekly business guests. Most services seem to work fairly efficiently although there were a few customer service inefficiencies. The week before I enquired online about the spa facilities and was given the fax number by accident. When I did find the phone number I called and there weren’t many spa facilities for couples. So in the end I opted not to go for those. The room was clean and tidy as I’d expect. The decor of the dining room is quite unimaginative but ‘functional’. The food was fine too. Overall it was a pleasant night away although I wouldn’t go for a weekend. Its an efficient hotel rather than a welcoming and homely one. That said, most things we needed were there. And the bar staff were very good.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

I don’t want to leave a crabby review - this is a nice property and the staff is kind. But they just can’t help from stepping on a rake, when it comes to service.

It’s a larger property with big rooms compared to typical European hotels. The corridors and doorways are rather dated, but it’s not hideous. Depending on your room, there are lots of stairs.

The rooms are updated and cleaned well. They leave a couple water bottles each day for you which I like.

Easy and free parking. Nice pub with an okay selection of beers.

The restaurant isn’t the best, but this is England - they are not really known for their food. At breakfast I had to wait several minutes for someone to find the chef so he could make me an omelet at the buffets omelet station. Another morning there was a maintenance guy or contractor walking around measuring things along the wall in the middle of breakfast service. It was odd, and I thought maybe he could have waited until after breakfast - but maybe that’s just me.

I had another odd experience eating my second dinner where is was told my room had no credit on my room, and would have to pay separately, then moments later a lady came at me with the credit card terminal - before my food even arrived. Her manager called her off at the last second, apologized and told me I could settle up after eating. Then 10 minutes later I was told it was all a mistake and I could charge it to my room. All this after eating and charging it to my room the night before. They weren’t rude at all, but it was awkward and left me feeling like a bum.

I was also told a similar thing at breakfast where I wasn’t on the breakfast list, despite telling them at check in that I would be eating breakfast. They managed to sort that one out without too much drama.

Again, these aren’t awful things, but there is room to improve.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend for a double celebration birthday.
Good size rooms which ours had a terrace area outside.
Had a round of golf first, discounted as we were residing. Use a buggy as it is quite hilly in places but a great course.
Unfortunately we couldn’t have dinner at the hotel as it was fully booked but there are fantastic nearby options in other pubs.
Eat as much as you like breakfast is always a good shout .
All the facilities are 1st class and very relaxing after a night on the juice ‍♂️.
Special thanks to the reception staff, Stephanie, Alex and Roy for the wine and card you gave upon arrival.
Regards,
Steve, Mel, Matt, Wendy, Michelle and Jay

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

We have just spent three nights here as my daughter got married in the hotel on Friday, the hotel was very nice although in parts it is a bit tired, we stayed in the suite which was perfect for when the bride and all of her bridesmaids needed to get their hair and make up done. The staff in general were very good, although one lady on reception was not very helpful when some of our guests contacted the hotel a few days before the wedding. The lady who made sure the wedding went as planned was absolutely brilliant (I think her name was Emma?), nothing was too much trouble, the rooms we hired were perfect and we had a great day. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice. If I had one complaint it would be that on Thursday my wife and I ordered some food from the bar, and I was charged a service fee , which I questioned and was told it was optional, I therefore said I didn’t want to pay it, although it was not a lot I just thought in principle it was bad, as I ordered from the bar and it was brought out to us, I don’t really think that justifies a service charge. On Saturday night my son in law had the same, but on this occasion he was told it was not optional, so I then questioned it and was told by the barman that he would find out, he then came back and said he had got it wrong, and that he was new and didn’t know it was optional, my advice to the hotel management is they train their staff properly.
That aside I really enjoyed my stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 706raya
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last night for a wedding. The reception staff were helpful and friendly. The reception with lovely if a little tired.

We were a little early but that wasnt a problem as we had spa treaments booked. These were excellent. The staff were great and really friendly and welcoming especially for a nervous client as me.
The swimming pool really does need an upgrade. The paint is flaking on the roof with mould patches in places and whats with the barely flowing water over a bunch of rocks in the corner? This is wasted space where they could extend the pool.

Once we got out room key we found the rooms to be clean and smart. In my opinion a little tired. The bathroom was lovely and clean and looked like it had been recently re decorated. The beds were very comfortable but the pillows were a little soft for my tastes but thats just me.

The icing on the cake was that i left an anniversary present in the room safe by mistake. I rang the hotel and they had a look and found it for me. The staff were so helpful.

The Wife and I would stay here again as its a lovely place to stay and a realxing night.