Reviews (1 045)
1 045 results
All reviews golf course golf club free bottle of wine spa treatments mini bar superior room spa area sauna and steam room reception staff lovely hotel afternoon tea leeds castle public areas great weekend stayed one night buffet style birthday treat
145 - 150 of 1 045 reviews
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We stayed here for a week in August. The hotel as a whole is showing signs of wear I have not seen in the other Marriott's I have stayed in. But it is still a nice hotel and has many redeeming features. These include an 18 hole golf course, spa and a very good gym. The grounds make a very pleasant place to walk in the evenings. There are several bars and restaurants with friendly, competent staff. Our room had a huge flat screen TV and a very large bed. The rooms themselves are spacious and good for working in as a desk is provided. The hotel is also very quiet, particularly the rooms at the back.

Room tip: Quiet rooms at the back overlooking the golf course
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Nick H, Hotel Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Charles F,

Thanks for your review following your recent week with us here at the Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy many of our facilities, the golf course and grounds are looking beautiful this summer and the replacement new flat screen TV (in all of our rooms) that you mention are a recent addition and are proving to be very well received by our guests.
We hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

This place isn't the cheapest but a great hotel. The staff were very friendly. The room was nice but on the ground floor with the back door leading out outdoors, the issue I had with this is when some drunk guy decided to knock the window but this is not the hotel's fault.

The 2 things I enjoyed about the hotel was the breakfast in the morning was really good and great selection. The big thing for me was the gym, it had so many machines you could use but also an amazing choice of free weights, I've never seen a hotel with a better choice. If you want to use cardio machines then that is in a separate room with so many modern choices.

Lovely hotel and if I need to be in the area again I will choose it.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Karen M, Guest Relations Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Travellingessexman

I am delighted to read your fantastic feedback, we pride ourselves on the service and product we provide. Thank you for your comments on the breakfast buffet and the gym facilities available, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Really disappointing trip. Chose Tudor Park Marriott Hotel as they could cater for my 13 year old daughter on her first spa trip. Lunch was dreadful, slow service, no pasta, stale crisps and food not nice even when it arrived. The treatment itself was lovely but our use of the pool area afterwards was terrible. Tired pool area which was dominated by very noisy children who were usually having swim lessons. They took over the whole pool area and made it difficult for other guests to use. Changing room was shared with other members and lots of screaming, shouting and crying children. Outside of the treatment area there was nothing special or enjoyable at all. An incredible waste of money.

1  Thank pennyhughes1

Dear pennyhughes1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent visit to the Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club.

Whilst I am happy to hear you enjoyed your Spa treatment, as a valued guest, I see that there is room for improvement based on your comments. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your visit. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, I have shared your comments with the appropriate team members in order that we can review our processes to ensure such situations do not re-occur.
I do hope we get the chance to welcome you back and not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights as a spontaneous trip we decided on one morning last week. Found a reasonable deal on booking.com (although since have discovered I believe we could use tesco vouchers so will be looking into whether that is so as we would definitely return)
Myself, husband. 19 year old son and 14 year old son. Booked 2 rooms, a king with terrace and a twin (without).
Rooms perfect and clean, everything you need. I wouldn't pay for the terrace again as door out small and didn't really sit out to look at golf course and very close to neighbours so conversation overheard. You did get gowns and slippers but personally I wouldn't miss these. The upstairs balcony rooms looked nice though (we were at ground level).
Mini bar stocked well (We emptied and filled from the local Tesco and put everything back when we left, I think the kit Kat was £2.50 or something!)
Beds lovely and comfortable, pillows a bit naff but couldn't really work out why, they were feather but one regular, one square....and just didn't seem supportive, we asked for extras for the second night which was no problem. Breakfast great, good service, good choice, egg station (not obviously or pointed out so we missed the first morning). Hot buffet and good selection of cold and pastries, yoghurt and fruit, cereals and nuts/dried fruit, juices, coffee and teas.
Pool lovely, warm and quiet- one morning had a fitness class going on so quite busy for half an hour. Great sauna, steam room out of action for painting. Didn't use the gym but looked good, lots of classes going on in the studio, golf and tennis we think outside. Really friendly staff. We went midweek, as we left two weddings were arriving so I'd expect weekends this time if year to possibly impact on the experience we had as it would be a beautiful venue. Would definitely recommend a d our boys want to go back very soon.
We went to Ashford shopping outlet which was about 20 minutes away, well worth a visit, picked up a Ralph Lauren jumper for £24 that we saw in John Lewis yesterday for £109! Also went to the White Cliffs of Dover and had a lovely walk to the lighthouse and tea rooms. Absolutely stunning. Lots to do I the area, close to Tescos for provisions and lots if great places to eat, we recommend The Fox and Goose in Maidstone. Can't wait to return. Marriot always a good choice.

Dear Claire

Great Review!
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Although my first stay here was rather disastrous, I was invited to come back and I was promised that they had significantly improved. Indeed, it was a marked improvement. I had booked an extra room this time so I was grateful that the whole family enjoyed our stay this time.

Yes, the design of the hotel is bad, with all the winding stairs, but this time, they had a porter to help with our bags and also gave us clear instructions on how to find our rooms.

The manager, Otto, was very welcoming and we are thankful for the attention the staff showed this time.

Although it was a hot summer's day, the airconditioning and fan in the room helped a lot.

The breakfast was a good spread and food was very well cooked. There was a good selection of pastries and attentive staff.

We had room service too which was standard Marriott fare.

The hotel has a lovely golf course and excellent health club facilities including a great pool. Although overall the hotel does get busy with weekend weddings, I was thankful that it did not have any rowdy guests this time.

Dear Jo N,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club through Trip Advisor.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations on your return visit. As a Marriott Rewards Gold Member, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Maidstone.