“Great location, view & food with aweful service”

Pearl at Longshore Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #31 of 178 Restaurants in Westport
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Description: Pearl at Longshore is a Westport, Connecticut restaurant focused on seasonally inspired, sophisticated American cuisine.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Everything I’ve had here has been great however the service has been some of the worst I’ve experienced. I have been here numerous times and have always had an issue with service. We keep coming back though we just have to be aware and also confirm the correctness of our checks! They charged us $60 for a $40 bottle of wine and when we pointed it out the server said I’m sorry I’ll fix that. The check came back and it was the same. We asked again and a manager I believe came over to apologize this time and once again when we got the check back the price was not changed. On the 4th time they finally entered the correct cost. There was also a drink still on there that one of my friends sent back because it tasted bad. We had to ask them to take that off as well. Also, once you’re served they barely come back to check on you and see if you need anything. For a recent brunch, we had a friend show up late and was sitting waiting after everyone else placed their order. You would think they would see her walk up and bring a menu but it was getting close to the end of brunch service hours so we had to flag someone down so she could put her order in in time. On another occasion I had asked for individual checks for each of our party and they said yes of course however dropped a single check on the table at the end. Overall, it’s a beautiful place just always check your bill so that you don’t get taken advantage of and over charged and expect to spend a while there. For a nice place I’d expect a little better.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We dined with friends at Pearl on a recent Saturday night. We have been to the previous restaurant where Pearl is now located, and I must say it is a great location, and they have done a really nice job of reconstructing the new restaurant. It looks quite beautiful inside. Our waitress, sorry I dont recall her name, was the highlight of our evening. She was very professional, very attentive, and always came bearing a smile. We had a terrible table near the entrance, and I would have expected it to have better sound than in the middle of the restaurant, but it was deafeningly loud; i could not hear my wife on the other side of the table. The menu was kinda fun, but I cant say the food was a standout at all. We tried charcutterie platters of meat and chees (they would not combine them), and while tasty, the cheese platter was quite stingy. The octopus entree was dry and overcooked. The scallops and salmon were good, but not special, and the bolognaese pasta had little pasta and an over abundance of sauce. The other servers were confused as to who got what, and tried to remove plates that we were clearly not finished with. And at the end, the bill was really high, even by Westport standards. No value, and nothing special... and way to loud. Sad, it is a beautiful spot.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Very nice restaurant as part of a country club. Sat in a glassed in portion of the restaurant overlooking water...a nice setting. Various tasty "Benedicts" pleased everyone as well as frittatas. Try the bloody Mary's and breakfast potatoes.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

What a great restaurant. All the food was delicious, and we had varied plates all around -- burgers, the octopus, and two pastas. Everyone really enjoyed their plates. The service was a bit off -- they brought our plates before we'd even received our drinks, and then had a bit of a mishap when bringing the drinks, but I believe it was because it was Halloween night and they were having a party next doors, so waiters were a bit all over the price. A bit pricey but you pay for quality food and a very nice setting.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Fun place to meet up with friends. We always like to go and meet up with our Après Divorce group and chill. The happy hour has great prices for a glass of pinot and the mini grilled cheese bites are yummy!! Our Aprèsdivorce.com group meets there every couple of months and we just love it!!