5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$56
PricelineUS$56
Trip.comUS$59
TravelocityUS$56
eDreamsUS$56
Destinia.comUS$78
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2017

I stayed for a week during a conference at the end of August 2016. The room was clean and comfortable it also had ocean view. There's a mini-kitchen (nothing fancy) and there's also a small supermarket nearby. Breakfast buffet is excellent.

The conference organisers helped me with a taxi when I arrived to Florianopolis in order to pay a fair price (~ 90 BRL / taxi). The evening before leaving (we were a group of 4 people), we asked if they could call as a taxi. The guy that was at the reception desk said he well call a taxi in the morning. In the morning at the reception it was a woman. She refused to call a taxi and said we can go with (I don't remember the company name, but is a renting car service next door) by paying 70 BRL / person, in total 280 BRL, which is at least 3 times more. After explaining that a regular taxi would be much cheaper, she said no taxi will take 4 people (which is not true!) and she "negotiated" to pay 180 BRL, as we would have two taxies. This is not OK. It's a 4 star hotel, not a market.

Room tip: best views; try to arrange your own airport transfer
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Robson B, Gerente geral at Slaviero Essential Ingleses Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear Sir,

We are very grateful for your feedback. Thank you so much for your kind words.
On the other hand, we sincerely very sorry for the front desk taxi problem. We will take action to never happen again.
Be always welcome.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I was there during winter time, but at the end of winter (end of August), so the weather was getting better, but is was not crowded. The rooms are clean and big enough, however at that time there was a still not renovated house next to the hotel, where a nice cock was always cock-crowing in the morning. Note that this was only hearable from the most right part of the hotel. Most of the americans said about this hotel's gym that it is really small, and not fully equipped. But trust me, it's quite enough, and if americans would pay attentions to workout, they won't be so big :), besides, I don't want to hurt anybody, but this hotel is really good and well equipped.
And what is the most important thing is that there is a guy at the breakfast, called Louis (I want to emphasize this since I promised him:)), is the best english speaking person in Florianopolis (I tried the taxi company at the airport, they understood what I told them, but the driver did not speak english...then at the hotel reception, people behind the desk speak english, but this Louis has also a great american accent :). Beside his speaking skills, he is really nice, and always says hi and asks about whether you liked the food.
Some more info: this hotel is mostly accessible, they got ramps and things like that, but the rooms, or the room we've got as accessible was not that accessible, but we could manage it (it means that having a shower required some skills and a chair to be put inside, but other things like toilet and size of the room fits for ''wheelchair-traffic'' - you can even go outside to the balcony via wheelchair.
For more details, see the pics.

Room tip: left part of the hotel, when you stay in front of the main entrance. If your budget affords, ask for ocean view rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Robson B, Gerente geral at Slaviero Essential Ingleses Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2016

Dear Sir,

First of all, thank you so much. Our staff will be very happy specially Louis.
It will be a great pleasure to see you again. From everybody thank you so much.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed for most of a week during a conference. Our room was comfortable but nothing fancy. There's a mini-kitchen (microwave, sink, small fridge, a few plates/cups) and there's a small supermarket across the street. Breakfast buffet is extensive. Staff was very helpful but most had limited English, except for Luiz, the head waiter, whose English is fine (and he's very outgoing). The hotel is right on the beach, and about a 15 minute walk to a cluster of shops and restaurants, although Canto do Mar is practically next door and quite good. Note that there is no laundry service, and no laundry nearby.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff940

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your comments. We are very glad and we hope to see you in your next trip to our city.

Slaviero Essential Acquamar,
Robson P. Bini

Reviewed 26 August 2016

This hotel is really nice - esp. considering it was rather inexpensive. Very clean; right on the beach; reasonable gym - with amazing beach view; nice, large rooms, with separate kitchen/living room area and separate bedroom - really not much faults. Ok, so do ask in advance to get beach-view room; and I recommend bringing your own soap and shampoo, what they give is quite poor... and breakfast is not _that_ great (and no variability at all - this is my 5th day today...). But overall, great place. They have a small travel agency which does shuttles from/to airport and rents bikes.

Room tip: ask for beach-view room!
1  Thank Assoc-Professor
Robson B, Gerente geral at Slaviero Essential Ingleses Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Dear Guest

We really appreciate and thank you for your comments . About breakfast, we will make some changes introducing different meals .

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2016

The breakfast is excellent and they have such a nice pool and a big gym area next to the beach. But the room service is not that good and to exemplify, here´s what happened:I needed a bottle of water and they simply didn´t have it.

Room tip: best views
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Robson B, Gerente geral at Slaviero Essential Ingleses Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear sir,

Good Night,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. I would also like to say I am very sorry for the inconvenience. We certainly have a bottle of water and more items to provide. I think my staff did not understand you . There was no one speak English at that time. I'm sorry for it.

Thank you so much for your visit.

Slaviero Essential Acquamar,