Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews wine and cheese new england gas fireplace continental breakfast hard boiled eggs water street yogurt other guests dog watch cafe jacuzzi tub long island sound view of the water every evening cinnamon buns relaxing stay baked goods each morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 February 2021

Right on the water. The staff is very accommodating to any needs you may have and the rooms are extremely nice. Well worth the price to stay especially for an anniversary. Wine and cheese every night between 6p-7p so a great perk just before dinner. Can't recommend enough

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 12 February 2021

I live in CT and was looking for a local getaway for my birthday celebration. During a pandemic, not such an easy task finding a place that was up to my standards of safety protocol. From my first call to the Inn, I knew I found the place. I was told I can have breakfast in the room instead of the public area, masks are required for all staff as well as guests in any public area and assured that such protocol is enforced. The room was beautiful ( room 7) and immaculate. The front desk had a note that it was my birthday and we were offered a bottle of Prosecco, which of course we gladly accepted and enjoyed! Weather was on our side and we spent the day walking and shopping in nearby Mystic. Upon our return we were offered evening wine and cheese, what a lovely addition. We had the pleasure of meeting Bill, the owner of the Inn, and also told him how lovely his staff is. I very rarely use the word "perfect" to describe a one night getaway but that's how I would describe this visit. I highly recommend the Inn at Stonington, even in winter, yes, New England is beautiful in winter. Top notch, 5 stars all the way!

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 29 December 2020

The Inn at Stonington is our go to place each year at Christmas when we travel to visit family that lives in Stonington This year we had 3 rooms and all were beautiful. The staff here is always extremely friendly and accommodating. Since we arrived on Christmas day and the staff was leaving early, they left us wine and cheese which was lovely to enjoy in front of the large fireplace.

I highly recommend that anyone traveling to the Stonington/Mystic, CT area stay here!

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 23 December 2020

We stayed in Room 5 and could not have enjoyed our stay any more. We were at my parents for the Holidays just down the shoreline in Branford, CT and were looking for a quick getaway/change of scenery.

From the moment I called the Inn inquiring about room availability to the moment we checked out it was as good of a vacation experience as I could have possibly asked for given the circumstances.

Throughout our stay we felt very comfortable and safe due to the Inn's adherence to COVID guidelines (social distancing, thorough cleaning, and required masks). That said, the staff managed to make the stay as normal as possible. We were able to enjoy the complimentary wine and cheese hour in front of the fire place and beautifully decorated Christmas Tree (socially distanced from other guests). Additionally, we were able to watch an incredible sunset from our hotel room balcony overlooking the water.

Stonington itself was excellent. It provided the perfect Holiday escape and checked every box on our list. It truly felt like a little sliver of Nantucket without the hassle of getting there, exorbitant prices, etc. When we checked in the owner and his wife suggested a great restaurant down the street for dinner (Dog Watch Cafe). It was only a 5 minute walk from the hotel but we elected to take the long route to see more of the town.

It's only been two days since our stay and we have already recommended the Inn to anyone who asks (and a ton of people who didn't).

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

The Inn at Stonington is a beautiful, tranquil place in the very quaint borough of Stonington. The facility is situated on the water, and is lovely all the way around. The staff is professional and so friendly, accommodating whatever your needs are. Great place to unwind! Will definitely return!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple