All reviews artisan restaurant lovely hotel luxury hotel breakfast was included our room was spacious turn down service hotel restaurant romantic weekend fairfield university granola new england upon check this past weekend bagels definitely stay here again fitness center off the highway
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

The Delamar was wonderful in every way. While I was attending a wedding off site, I sustained an orthopedic injury that caused great pain during the night. The front desk employee, John went out of his way to bring ice. He called periodically to see if I needed to get to a hospital and helped that whole process along. Found a wheelchair, picked me up at the room and could not have been more attentive. Really nice when you are out of town and don’t want to wake friends staying in the hotel.

Also my deluxe guest room was huge, the beds are amazingly comfortable, and the food is fantastic - both in The Tavern and at a dinner party in a private room there. All employees were welcoming and helpful.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Excursion41573910280
JZBerkowitz, Front Office Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the amazing review and glad to know that our staff (Jean in specific) was able to assist you in every way possible. We are delighted to see how much your enjoyed your overall experience with us and sincerely hope to see you stay with us again soon.

Jordan Berkowitz

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Everything about the Delamar is terrific. Service is impeccable, rooms are clean and full of amenities, but the beds are too hard. New temerpedic mattresses are a must. Even my wife couldn’t sleep on them, and she likes very firm.

Trip type: Travelled with family
JZBerkowitz, Front Office Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed our property as well as the level of service and hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Overall the property is really lovely - modern yet cozy.
Loved that there was a fitness room - albeit tiny. Restaurant quality/service at Artisan was solid. Nice bar area. The included breakfast was unexpected and good - not just croissants and fruit.
Our room was super cozy. Bathroom was large and nice but could use an updated shower.

Would stay again for sure.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and we hope to see you back staying with us soon.

Jordan Berkowitz

Reviewed 8 October 2018

The hotel is lovely. Rooms nice, Bar fun. Outdoor seating great. In the end, however, I go to a hotel to sleep. And as the photo I'm attaching shows, the trucks going by my room all night do not help one sleep. This is not a zoomed photo. This is a regular photo with my phone out my window. You are RIGHT next to the highway overpass and don't believe the "sound proofing" they do works. The only way I would ever stay here is if I was guaranteed a room on the opposite side of the hotel away from the highway.

Room tip: Mandatory room on the opposite side of the highway.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2018

I am an executive thinking that staying at the Delamar Southport would be an enjoyable experience. I have enjoyed my previous stays at the Delamar in Greenwich and thought the staff and facility would be consistent. I checked into my room which was very pleasant from an optic perspective. What was not told to me, that the room was on the second floor right above a patio that was hosting some rage. The music was so loud that my floor vibrated and even with the TV on full volume, I could not hear anything other than the rage that continued underneath me. I called and complained and the millennial front desk manager claimed "there is nothing we can do" . Really? I then complained in the morning and the front desk millennial was nothing but crickets and blank stares. At the best, I should have been offered to move my room or receive and apology. Neither occurred. Shame on you Delamar Southport!

Room tip: Ask about the Rage scheduled prior to booking
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ckeohan
Mariya S, General Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at Delamar Southport did not live up to your expectations and I sincerely apologize for the noise. The hotel was sold out during your visit and we were unfortunately unable to relocate you to a quieter room. I am also disappointed to hear that you were not offered an apology at check out or that I was not notified of your experience when you were leaving. Please reach out to me directly at 203 307 4213 so that I can discuss this matter further with you. Warm regards,
Mariya Sytnyk Property Manager