“Expectations exceeded!”

Abigail's Grille
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in Simsbury
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 10-202 Hopmeadow Street
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For better or worse, I have high expectations for just about everything. I am often disappointed. This was my first visit to Abigail's Grille, where I met a friend for lunch. The atmosphere is comfortable, roomy and bright, even on a cloudy day. The luncheon menu is expansive and prices range low teens and up. Wine offering are outstanding. They offer a fixed price luncheon menu for $16.95 and it is a bargain at that price. Many excellent choices of appetizers, entrees and three desserts. I ordered the Caesar salad, chicken Parmesan and chocolate custard. All were well prepared and tasted delicious, esp. the chicken Parm. The entree was dinner-sized: enough to take home half of it. Wait staff is excellent: always stopping by ask about our meal, filling water glasses and my coffee cup. While not inexpensive, you certainly get your money's worth. Plenty of free parking and conveniently located. Will I return for dinner? Absolutely.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We eat at Abigail's regularly and it's actually quite a different place depending on whether you go for lunch or dinner. My favorite time to visit is lunch and I'm obsessed with their Chicken Pot Pie. If you want to try the Chicken Pot Pie for dinner, you have to eat upstairs in the bar, but there are plenty of tables and service is friendly and efficient.
There is outside dining when the weather permits which is lovely. Dinner has a slightly different menu but one of the great bargains in the area is the 3 course complete dinner served 3 nights a week.
Oh, and did I mention the ghost. Local lore (as well as many of the staff) tells us that the ghost is Abigail Pettibone, wife of the original owner. There are several versions of how she died, none of them pleasant. But people who have worked there swear that after dark strange things do go bump in the night.
This is legitimately a "George Washing stopped here" venue as it was a stagecoach stop build in 1780 on main road between Hartford and Boston.
Beautifully restored and well worth a visit.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We loved the small plate menu; however, we chose the dinner menu. The pork medallions with mashed potatoes and delicious caramelized onions. Absolutely divine! It was a large portion and could have been split by adding a side salad. Small plate is the way to enjoy tidbits of several items and savor the experience. Busy place and certainly a destination for many.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We are in Simsbuty for a lacrosse camp and picked this restaurant based on curb appeal as we drove by. It was very good. Attractive inside with great open patio. Service was excellent. The food was excellent.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

In addition to their regular a la carte menu, they offered a special prix fixe Mother’s Day menu, so there was lots to choose from. The restaurant has several seating areas, so they accommodate quite a few people without everyone being in one huge room. The service was good (considering the occasion) and so was the food. I had a nice but very small salad and then Chilean sea bass over ravioli.