Review Highlights
Outstanding Place

The Ridgefield Playhouse is a wonderful venue with BIG city shows and stars. This is so much more... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Barbara R
Ridgefield, Connecticut
via mobile
Gilbert Gottfried

We recently attended our first comedy show at the Ridgefield Playhouse, and we will certainly... read more

Reviewed 27 October 2018
dianea717
Dover Plains, New York
via mobile

All reviews intimate venue last night big city great acts close to home judy collins comedy show box office ample parking pat benatar no matter front row all kinds cup holders great small venue comfortable seats great sound
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We were able to acquire excellent seats for a very reasonable price so went to see Robert Cray. It was our first time at the Ridgefield Playhouse. Parking was adequate and there were a few handicap spots and what appeared to be members only preferred parking. We picked up our tickets at the box office with no delay. The lobby area was small and very chaotic but I did see they had a bar serving beer and wine as well as a concession with popcorn and candy. The theatre is very small, seats 500. We were escorted to our seats by one of the many volunteers. The plush seats were all connected and had cup holders but were very small. We had aisle seats so getting up and out to let others in the row was the only way and thankfully, once they were seated, they didn’t get out again. The acoustics were good and not too loud. Lighting was soft and not the bright, pulsating stage lights that you find in larger venues. There were people going around selling soft drinks before each act began which was convenient. My big complaint, aside from the small seats, was the air conditioning was not adequate. It was on and for a minute it began to cool down but with everyone packed so tightly together, it didn’t keep up and I was uncomfortably perspirating. Beside that, it was great small venue to see a show and I would go back again but I would be selective about performer because if the small seats. It’s is also a non profit so it’s a plus.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Wonderful venue. Enjoyed the concert but found Don McLean somewhat depressing. He is a folk era artist and does not seemed to have moved forward in his writing.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Bought what looked like aisle seats only to discover they were 12" from the wall. According to the box office, the online seating chart shows a hash mark for aisle seats. Guess what. No indication as to the seats were blocked in by a wall. Not happy...

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Love the theater but the seats are tight and I couldn’t really extend my legs. I sat in the mezzanine section. The show was incredible and there really isn’t a bad seat in the house to view.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

It all started a few months ago when I went online to purchase my ticket for an artist during its pre-sale the moment they went on sale, I was already in the sixth row. Come to find out that the best seats are saved for the Playhouse “members”. When I got to the show I was surprised at the crowd that was there. I think that many of them did not even know who the artist was and were just there for a night out. At $130 for a ticket, those premium seats should have been saved for the true fans of the artist. There were MANY empty seats, so I made my way to the 4th row and everyone in front of me were sitting down. Better view for me, but it’s a concert! Get up and dance! Many elderly, agin who I believe didn’t even know who the artist was. The snack bar and bar are in very tight quarters. The popcorn was good though, real butter! Back to the concert, it was so unbelievably HOT in the venue that you could literally see haze in the air. My time at the playhouse was 1 I never want to experience again.