“Tight seats”

Ridgefield Playhouse
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Ridgefield
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Love the theater but the seats are tight and I couldn’t really extend my legs. I sat in the mezzanine section. The show was incredible and there really isn’t a bad seat in the house to view.

Date of experience: August 2018
"comfortable seats"
in 6 reviews
"great sound"

Reviewed 12 August 2018

It all started a few months ago when I went online to purchase my ticket for an artist during its pre-sale the moment they went on sale, I was already in the sixth row. Come to find out that the best seats are saved for the Playhouse “members”. When I got to the show I was surprised at the crowd that was there. I think that many of them did not even know who the artist was and were just there for a night out. At $130 for a ticket, those premium seats should have been saved for the true fans of the artist. There were MANY empty seats, so I made my way to the 4th row and everyone in front of me were sitting down. Better view for me, but it’s a concert! Get up and dance! Many elderly, agin who I believe didn’t even know who the artist was. The snack bar and bar are in very tight quarters. The popcorn was good though, real butter! Back to the concert, it was so unbelievably HOT in the venue that you could literally see haze in the air. My time at the playhouse was 1 I never want to experience again.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Ridgefield Playhouse brings great acts out to the burbs! It is surrounded with great restaurants and has ample parking to make the experience a total pleasure.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I made the drive from NYC up to Ridgefield in March for a concert by Five For Fighting. Once off the main highway, this was a treacherous drive on the steep and winding country roads of Connecticut, hours after a moderate snowfall. The place wasn’t easy to find. Signage was poor and even our GPS didn’t have it on the map. But once we arrived and entered the theater, the trip began to feel worthwhile.

The playhouse is family owned and it feels like it. The lobby is small and crowded (as were the restrooms). Yet this charming place is clean, colorful, modern and intimate. Think of it as a renovated old-time movie theater with a balcony and contemporary seating for perhaps 1000 attendees.

The seats are a bit snug, as are the aisles. We had to stand up several tones to let in or out the other guests in our row. The house was packed that night (despite the bad weather), which made the confined foot traffic more noticeable. And security was also tight. Ushers strictly enforced the rules of audience members taking photos or videos of the show.

On the plus side, our sightline was perfect. The acoustics were pristine. As good a sounding concert hall as I can remember. That, along with the brilliant performance that evening made this a memorable visit.

Date of experience: March 2018