“Would Give Ten Stars if I could!!”

Buon Appetito Ristorante & Pizzeria
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Buon Appetito is a family owned and operated Italian restaurant that serves an eclectic mix of northern Italian dishes in a warm and relaxed environment. We strive for the highest standards in our service, our food and our overall presentation because we believe that dining out is not just about food, it’s about a true dining experience. Buon Appetito’s menu offers a variety of choices from, appetizers, soups, salads, specialty pizzas, calzones, sandwiches, ocean fresh seafood, entrees and mouth watering desserts. We pride ourselves in preparing only the freshest ingredients daily offering a menu of food and beverages with a distinctive image. We wish to thank all of you who have continued to support of our family on this journey. Please come and try us and give me your thoughts, suggests and opinions we are here to serve you.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My mother, and I took my brother to celebrate his 50th Birthday. They treated him like royalty. I brought in a cake to make it special but they made it special. Liza was so attentive to our table and to my brother. We had great appetizers, superb dinner which Liza paced so we were not rushed. Then she and the whole team came out singing..not something I like but my brother lit up. Then we finished with a lemoncello for mom and I.

I had the shrimp carbonara which was delicious...they also do a mouth watering focaccia bread appetizer--a must do!! My brother had the bolagnese and he was so happy. Mom had veal parmigian...we all had leftovers....

We will be going back as they provide such excellent service exceeding our expectations. The owners go above what is expected. Liza, Maryelle (not sure of her spelling) are both true service gems!

Petrit M, Owner at Buon Appetito Ristorante & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the extremely generous review! It is customers like you that make our restaurant great. We are so glad you chose Buon Appetito to celebrate your brother's 50th birthday. We loved having you and your family and look forward to having you all back soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I met another couple here for a combined birthday dinner as two of us have birthdays in the same week. The restaurant has a distinctly European Flair with two dining rooms, a full bar and a patio area which is open in nice weather. As expected for a Friday night, they were busy, but we had a reservation.

We were seated in the main dining room promptly once our entire party showed up. We were offered wine but declined. The waitress, Liz I think, served us. She was friendly, took our drink orders and left us to look over the menu. One of the features of this restaurant is the made on site pasta.

The other couple ordered an appetizer and their meals. I ordered the Chicken Parm and my husband had a seafood dish from the specials menu. I don't know the name of the appetizer but it was plenty for four people. Various meats, cheeses, and olives on a large plate. I could easily see someone eating just that and a glass of wine for a relaxing lunch. We were also brought fresh bread which was good.

The plates and silverware were cleared and fresh silverware was brought out for dinner. We were offered fresh parmesan cheese which we took them up on. Even though my friend's dish didn't need cheese she asked for some anyway so she could taste it.

The chicken parm is served on a bed of spaghetti. The amount of spaghetti could be a meal on its own. The chicken wasn't skimpy either. The breasts about 2 inches thick and covered in a flavorful homemade red sauce. My husband's dish was broiled seafood with pasta and spinach. He said it was good but that it was a little too buttery. Usually, he orders the mushroom risotto, which is his favorite, and I think he was a bit of meal regret.

Being a birthday event we ordered dessert. My husband had the creme brulee which was smooth, creamy and delicious. I had an apple caramel tart which came with vanilla ice cream on top. It was heavenly. The tart was still warm on the inside but the outside was cool so the ice cream didn't melt and make a huge mess. It was perfect.

The pricing is average for a higher end restaurant. And the service and food are better than some of the comparably priced places nearby. While it is pricey, it's worth every penny. My only regret is that I don't have the budget to here more often. This will continue to be my go-to spot for special dinners.

Petrit M, Owner at Buon Appetito Ristorante & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Wow...Nancy! What a pleasure your review was to read. So thorough and I thank you for your transparency to the public. We look forward to having you back very soon and let us know if there is anything I or my staff can do to make your next dining experience with us more pleasant. Ciao!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We decided to try Buon Appetito based on a recommendation from a coworker. It was a quiet (early) Tuesday evening so we had a chance to have a very nice conversation with our server, Liza, who is one of the most pleasant people we have ever met! We started with warm bread and garlic dipping oil. For our meal we had the Misto salad and the chicken parmesan which was the best we've ever had! The portions are huge! For dessert we shared the warm bread pudding with ice cream, amazing! There are numerous items on the menu we will go back to try very soon!

Hey there! Thank you for joining us and leaving a 5-star review! Your feedback means a lot to us! We hope you will stop by and join us again. We look forward to serving you soon. Ciao!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We have stayed overnight at Foxwoods many time and had some good dinner. This last trip we decided to check out Buon Appetito Ristorante. Just down the road, with Plenty of easy parking. When we entered were welcomed like like old friends. Our waitress who name is Liza was on top of our best waitress list. It seem like everyone who enter were greeted as past customer. We started with and bottled of wine and antipasto which was fresh and very good. Then chicken parmigiana for me and lazonia for my wife. Which we both enjoyed. And there was some left to have the next day. To some up don’t pass by the Ristorante if you are going to have dinner at Foxwoods. You will enjoy this much more.

Petrit M, Owner at Buon Appetito Ristorante & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dave, I am so glad you decided to stop in and see us while you were in the area at the casino. We welcome you back next time you are here. Thank you for the 5-star rating and for sharing your wonderful experience with the public. Ciao!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Wow what a surprise find. The service was absolutely fantastic. And the food was amazing. The caprese was the best I have had in very long time.

Petrit M, Owner at Buon Appetito Ristorante & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hi Joe, thank you for your excellent review! We are happy to hear we have earned your business. We look forward to having you back soon! Ciao!