Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Peter W
Cochabamba, Bolivia

Very amicable and good location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Aug 2019via mobile
I was hesitant to stay in a Hotel in Port Elizabeth after visiting a couple of safaris, but it turned out to be extremely nice to relax and walk around. The beach just in front of the hotel is very nice, food in the hotel and the restaurant just in front was also good. The rooms are new and very clean. I really enjoyed the hotel, thanks
Date of stay: August 2019
    R 644
    R 700
1.5 km from Southern Sun The Marine
View more hotels in Summerstrand
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2019

So my road trip to Cape town start from here, I just pick a Marriott property randomly. And I think I got upgrade to a suite/ spacious room, it's huge with ocean view.

And they got a pool at the rooftop, to say it's a pool I would rather say it's a jucuzzi, the view is amazing only if it's not so windy.

By walking distance you will find a few sea front restaurant with nice food and wine, and that's it, that's not much around. So be stocked if you would be hungry at midnight. In my case I can only wait for the breakfast, which I am pretty sure the staff is pretty upset when they see me on time. They kind of lock the door and let me in when they finally ready ready.

Date of stay: February 2019
Sharon B, Front Office Manager at Southern Sun The Marine, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2019

Dear Cathyng912

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Protea Hotel Port Elizabeth Marine and providing your honest feedback. We are happy to hear that you found our suite spacious and that you enjoyed our great ocean views.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 August 2019

I liked the hotel. The only thing I did not like was not being offered undercover parking. And true to PE weather, the wind started blowing and it rained without notice. The position of the hotel is great with awesome sea views. The breakfast though could be improved. Not a bad hotel overall.

Room tip: I think any of the hotel rooms you choose will give you nice sea views.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2019 via mobile

I loved this stay. The food was excellent. It's probably because it was busy. The evening buffet was really good.

Dissapointment at the view as we were given back rooms. No sea view.

Everything worked and was clean.

The wash basin tap was wobbly.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2019 via mobile

The hotel is situated 1 min walk from the beach. In a nice area where one can run or take a walk. Nice spacious rooms. Unlike other Protea hotels as a prokard member and Marriott member where I’m often given a token appreciation upon my arrival or stay, this hotel I wasn’t. The hotel staff is very nice. I was cold and they brought a heater to my room and also overly apologized for the absence of green tea. The carpet and air conditioning are a bit outdated and can do with some work. Nevertheless it’s a lovely hotel.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank molebohengm
Reviewed 8 May 2019

Recently visited Port Elizabeth for business. My first time and always heard of PE being referred to as the "windy city" and "the friendly city". The nicknames did not disappoint, though I was blessed with a wind still day on day 2. The people of PE very very friendly and helpful. The hotel staff were very friendly and I was booked in within a few minutes into my room. The hotel is right on the sea front, so it is awesome to go for a walk along the promenade. Food was great and there is an awesome restaurant that is highly popular right next to the hotel. But be warned - pre-booking is essential due to their popularity - their lamb shank is a MUST HAVE, and their deserts is also divine.

Room tip: Do ask for a sea-facing room - the views are fabulous.
Date of stay: April 2019