All reviewsacross the roadnews cafesmall kitchenettegreat view of the beachduty managercleaning stafffriendly and professional staffan ironindian oceanvery nice hotelboardwalk complexhouse keepingwithin easy walking distancerooms are spaciousstayed for nightswonderful stayyogurt
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Spent a week at the Courtyard Hotel.
The staff were very friendly and courtesy. They try extremely hard to satisfy us.
Their was a good selection at breakfast and there was a cook to make omelettes etc.
The rooms were an older style but comfortable and clean.
The hotel was well positioned just walking distance from the boardwalk where there is a large selection of restaurants. Just need to be wary when walking in Port Elizabeth at night time, good to walk in groups.
The indian ocean is just across the road and there are many areas that are suitable for swimming, there are even some patrolled areas close by.
The Hotel is secured with a high perimeter fence and has security guards operating 24 hours a day. There is also a laundry that provides machines and driers free of charge and there is even detergent supplied.
All in all a great place to stay centrally located with great staff and security.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean it is a MUST.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that we met your expectations. It is always very rewarding to receive such a great feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

It's very rare that everything goes smoothly, and for me it's important that issues are addressed promptly. When I arrived at this perfectly situated hotel, I was delighted to discover my room to be elegantly decorated, well furnished with an excellent bathroom and a supremely comfortable bed. Best of all was the large balcony with a stunning view directly onto the ocean. The bar opposite did not omit the late-night noise mentioned in earlier reviews, and in fact proved a pleasant location for competitively priced sundowners. The only problem was that my air conditioner seemed rather feeble, but two engineers arrived within 2 minutes of my reporting the problem with the duty manager hot on their heels to ensure all went smoothly. It being early Sunday evening I was assured a repair would be effected first thing Monday morning, and it was. As it was getting cooler, I declined the move to another room I was offered. Next morning I popped out early for a brief shopping trip, and returned after less than an hour to find it fixed. Problem fixed as quickly as was feasible, to my absolute satisfaction. I had a great stay and loved everything about the hotel and its friendly and professional staff. The icing on the cake was after leaving, well on my way back to Jo'burg, I discovered I'd left my iPhone charger in the room. Eddie van Zyl, the General Manager, went the extra mile by mailing it to me at no charge. Service truly above and beyond rounded off my short but wonderful stay - I'll be back!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Very noisy in December when your right on the waterfront, but then the view of the sea is amazing. The room was dissapointly small and since we stayed for 5 nights one would have thought they would put us in a bigger room. The kitchenette in the cupboard was lovely and convenient. I found the reception staff lacking in manners and friendliness but the guards and cleaning staff were delightful. A very nice, close walk to a restaurant at night for dinner which I thouroughly enjoyed.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and on behalf of the hotel we apologise that your experience with us was not exceptional, as it should have been.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

We had next to no sleep during our two night stay. There was a pub (or something to that nature) across the road that played 70's/80's music until about 2am each morning. I don't know if this is only a weekend occurrence as we stayed on a Friday and Saturday night. My husband is one who can sleep through anything but my goodness the music and "doof doof" sounded like it was coming from the room next door and kept him up as well.
This is not the hotels fault, the room itself was lovely, a modern bathroom with a bath and separate shower and a nice compact kitchen, it was such a shame about the night noise, otherwise I would have given a rating of 5/5. There was no use in switching rooms as all of the rooms are effected by the music.
One matter that I would like the Hotel to address is that on check in there was a man (guessing a bell boy) that wanted to assist with my bag. I kindly said that I am OK and he kept persisting with trying to take it (gently pushing my hand away in the process). I had to put my angry voice on to tell the man that I am fine and to leave me alone.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
The_CLHG_Team, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We apologise for the noise that interrupted your sleep, hotel management has taken this up with the restaurant, who have committed to increase efforts to have this sort of noise reduced to a minimum. Thank you for your comment regarding our over enthusiastic team member, we will certainly have word and ensure that this does not occur going forward. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The hotel is situated within 200 meters of the Boardwalk hotel and casino.

The room was spacious. It had a lounge and kitchen that led into a seperate bedroom. Adjoined to the bedroom is a large bathroom with linen cupboard. The shower is huge, and there is a bath for those who wish to so so. The basin has a large mirror above it and all the amenities one needs.

The Loung and bedroom have their own doors opening onto the same large balcony, the views of the indian ocean are magnificent.

The in room food menu is actually supplied by eateries nearby, such as John Dorys and news cafe.

The bed and lounges are comfortable and aricon is available. The only downside was the strange noise that would start at around 4am in the morning. it was loud and woke us both nights, the source of the noise was a machine of some type near our room.

Breakfast and dinner are served but we did not eat in. We went to the nearby boardwalk complex to eat out.

All in all a good stay, just a pity about the noise.

Room Tip: our upper floor room was noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
The_CLHG_Team, The CLHG Team at Courtyard Hotel Port Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us Brendan! We are so happy that you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel’s location and enjoyed the hotel facilities - key componentas well as our breakfast offerings;s that we pride ourselves on! We look forward to having you stay with us again.