See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Being an Hotelier by profession in the 5 star resorts industry and having the chance to Work in some of the biggest hotel chains in the world you kind of get yourself used on High Level of service, I can say that staying at Summerblue Guest House as been by far on of the best experiences I have ever had in my Life.

Bill & Nooks McLachlan become much more than friends as they take care of their guests not as guests but as real close family.

I had the chance to be in PE South Africa for the Ironman 70.3 World Championships and preparing for a demanding race and most specially being almost 13000km away from home in a new country dealing with all the logistics of a competition with pre and post race trainings, setting up gear, getting to know the area, adjusting to food and climate in just a few days it is very difficult and can easily jeopardize your race day after long hours and days of a more than 6 months training, Bill and Nooks made our life incredible easy, from picking us up at the airport, Bill took us for training waited and looked after our gear, showed us the roads, took us to the supermarket so we could get our own specific food, made us dinner on the day prior to the race, prepared our specific race day food, facilitated the garage to set and keep our bikes, dried our cloths after the wet race, and when we decided walking to the race buffet there was this big rain coming and suddenly Nooks just appeared as if she would know where we were and took us of the rain. To rapp up all this support Bill took time from is own knowing the purpose of our visit and the total lack of time to make any sightseeing Bill decided that we would not come out from Porth Elizabeth without a beautiful safari tour truth one beautiful Game lodges.

This experience happened with us but I sure it will happen with most of the guests at the Summerblue guest house, showing why it stands out in first place it is really simple, Bill & Nooks are just the most friendliest person I have had the chance to encounter, I am really happy life and Ironman as got that in my way. I really hope I can credit you back all you have than for us.

Very Cleaned, great breakfast, friedliest service, great beds great sleep!

Best Regards

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Summer Blue with a group of 14 so we occupied the whole guest house. We simply couldn’t have been happier with our stay. Bill, Nooks and Lulu were incredibly warm, friendly and accommodating and even cooked us breakfast in the mornings at a small charge. There were lots of different spaces to sit in (indoor lounge, outdoor lounge and table, garden) so you could spread out a bit and the pool was a really nice bonus. It was just perfect for us. Thank you Bill, Nooks and Lulu! Miss your smiling faces! :)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We LOVED staying at summer Blue with our big group of friends. We booked out all the rooms as we were in PE for a friend’s wedding that we came all the way from Australia for. Bill and Nooks were the most wonderful hosts who were so attentive to our every need. Delicious breakfast every morning with whatever we wanted. The decor in the rooms and in the common spaces was lovely and so much nicer than in the photos. Lounging by the pool was glorious! We had so much privacy, and best of all the area felt so safe and the safety features of Summer Blue really put us at ease! We would recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
SummerBlue_11, Owner at Summer Blue Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Tessa and friends were the perfect guests. They blessed SummerBlue with their young energy and obviously knew how to enjoy themselves while respecting the environment. they will always be welcome at Summer Blue Guest House.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

My father, my brother and I needed a place to stay on short notice, after I have been notified to start working in PE on the 2nd of January.
Luckily Summer Blue had a room available and was willing to help change the room to accommodate 3 people.
The breakfast each morning was amazing! The company was great and the owners gave a lot of tips of the great spots in and around PE.
Would definitely return to Summer Blue!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night with my husband, daughter and cousin. We were warmly welcomed and we felt like at home. Nice rooms with good mattresses and pillows and Snow White linen. Impeccable bathroom, with hot water and perfect shower. Free wi fi. Excellent breakfast made to order. I think it has everything you could wish for and we would return for sure. Is ideal to a stop before garden route or Addo Park or just enjoy the beach in Port Elizabeth.

Date of stay: August 2017