Brightwater Brewery Platform 3 Claygate
Review Highlights
Gloriously eccentric

A tiny pub with only outdoor space selling beer you’ve never heard of sounds a slightly suspect... read more

Reviewed 4 October 2018
Tim_Ruxton
Surrey, United Kingdom
via mobile
Unique local watering hole

Good well made beers brewed less than a mile from Platform 3, plenty of bottled drinks (wine etc... read more

Reviewed 28 September 2018
LadyGadabout
London
via mobile

All reviews tables and chairs the pub opening times soft drinks and snacks alex
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

A must visit for any real ale and/or quirky pub fan.
It is truly amazing what the owner has done and managed to squeeze into such a small space. In addition to that the beers are also brewed by him!
I don’t want to give too much more away and therefore spoil the surprise, but if your train commute takes you through Claygate and you have time to break your journey for a nice pint, then why not!!??

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

The smallest pub in the UK. Alex brews some great beers and sells them on Patform 3 adjacent to Claygate Station. There is no room in the pub other than to be served so it’s outside drinking. Plenty of tables and chairs. Alex has created a wonderful atmosphere and everybody communicates with each other. It’s fun. We go on the train! Check the opening times on the web site, it is not open every day. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

A truely fantastic drinking establishment, Alex is always welcoming, the ale on tap is always excellent. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Decided to go here as I just happened to come across it on t’internet. I contacted the owners as I had a leg in plaster and they were just so friendly, even offering to pick me up from the station as my train would have been on the opposite platform. In the end there was no need as we drove up, but the landlord came over straight away to say hi, having remembered me calling from the day before. The pub was open during the May Bank Holiday, but do check the website for days/times.

Did I sample the beer? Silly question; of course I did. It was delicious. I also wanted to try some Sloe Lemonade, but due to popularity had sold out. Next time!

Will we return? Yes, next time with our friends.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

What can you say about the nicest local around great beers, great staff, pleasant surroundings.

Spent a few hours in the village of Claygate @ Platform 3 pub (30mins from Clapham Junction).

A great selection of beers plus Gluten Free beers & an interesting selection of ciders were available.

Staff Alex,Sue & Finlay? were extremely friendly. Sue especially noted the newcomers & had a chat, as well as keeping the regulars/locals happy.

Well worth a 5 Star plus recommendation, do check their website out re opening hours also note toilet facilities are available on the station platform.