All reviews across the street yale university george street business center wine and cheese street parking nice hotel walking distance nice lobby room key front desk staff crackers buffet breakfast per day comfortable beds will stay there again guest rooms
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I sent the note below to the hotel and their management team but received no response. We were permitted to stay, but this created unnecessary anxiety and no one at the hotel or on the leadership team took ownership of this issue. We later learned that one of our out of state guests was also informed the night before the wedding that their reservation was being canceled and they had to make alternate plans. Due to the short notice, they ended up driving back to RI which is completely unfair. I am shocked that this occurred and that there was no follow-up. I left a message and emailed Iswonette who coordinates hotel blocks, but while she was responsive making the initial reservations when there was an issue she became unreachable. If she has the capacity, I hope she treats future guests with integrity and respect.

[I reserved a room at the New Haven Hotel as well as a block of rooms for our guests many months ago (confirmation attached). This afternoon, when my fiance checked in (he is staying tonight as well), he was informed that we may or may not have a room for the evening of our wedding, September 15. We shared the confirmation number with the front desk, but they informed us that they are not able to assist us and they will need to follow up with Iswonette tomorrow morning. My understanding is that the room was double-booked. I asked for information about who to contact and asked that they call Iswonette this evening as it is not reasonable to expect us to book a second room at another hotel the day of the wedding, but the desk staff refused and implied that they would likely let us stay in the room and not honor the other person's reservation.

I am extremely concerned that our room was given away and that we are forced to sort this out the morning of the wedding. Please call me at your earliest convenience, I would like to know as soon as possible if we need to make alternate arrangements.]

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ambberrama
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Met my Sig.O at the New Haven Hotel for an evening while he was traveling in nyc for the week. The hotel is close to the train into the city and very good restaurants. Room was immaculate and appropriately decorated. The desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and the coffee in the morning was fresh (which was the difference between 4.5 and 5 stars!!). Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
srnhg, Manager at New Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank you for being our guest at the hotel and providing your feedback. We are pleased to hear that the hotel staff and amenities met/exceeded your expectations.

As you mentioned we are under a mile to the train station and walking distance to several great restaurants and bars downtown. The hotel also offers a restaurant for breakfast each morning and complimentary wifi. We hope that you will choose the New Haven Hotel for your next overnight getaway.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We came to start our Connecticut Art Trail trip here, the home of the truly world class Yale Art Museum. The first act of thoughtfulness: noting my disability and allowing me to park right by the hotel, in it's little side alley. The second: my husband wisely doesn't carry lots of cash when we walk through cities so he stored his cash in the safe. He also forget it was there when we left! We got a call from Said at the hotel, after the maid turned it in and, fortunately, were still in New Haven (at the wonderful Yale British Museum). Our carelessness was rewarded by their honesty. Truly, our thanks to a kind, thoughtful, honest staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest at the New Haven Hotel! It sounds like you had a wonderful time touring the museums in New Haven. Our staff will be humbled by your kind words and we appreciate you sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Be very careful, they know how to take reservations, but don't know how to hold a room. Flew in from out of town, the desk clerk............"we reserved a room at the courtyard Marriott on the other side of town for you"

She was rude and impolite, unapologetic, and excuse driven for never notifying me in advance.

Turns out.....the courtyard Marriott is a much better place to stay!!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We stayed 2 nights and this hotel was in an excellent location for us. Parking is available directly across the street. The hotel is very clean and the staff was very accommodating. Yale is a safe and short walk away and there are plenty of bars and restaurants within a very short walk. Wi-Fi worked well. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
srnhg, Manager at New Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for being our guest at the New Haven Hotel! We are glad to hear our hotel and amenities met/exceeded your expectations.

As you mentioned, we are walking distance to Yale and many restaurants and bars offering a wide variety of cuisine. In addition to our complimentary wifi we also have a 24 hour business center and a wonderful lobby that offers many sitting areas to get work done or meet with people.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!