“WORLD WAR I EXHIBIT IS FIRST CLASS”

Knights of Columbus Museum
Ranked #7 of 61 things to do in New Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: A journey through history, art & faith.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The exhibit is very thorough and professional. The went to the WWI exhibit in Kansas City to prepare and its shows. The theme is accurate and expansive it its connection to the Knights. Well done. Special shout out to Jon Erickson and Tiffany Locke, Assistant Curator. The exhibit shows the Knights connection to the war time effort.

1  Thank ewhite0640
KofCMuseum, Guest Relations Manager at Knights of Columbus Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for visiting and sharing your experience.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Well organized and laid out museum, with many artifacts and pearls, specifically papal area, WWI exhibit. Religious art items, crafts.

KofCMuseum, Guest Relations Manager at Knights of Columbus Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for visiting and sharing your experience.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My husband and I loved our first visit to the Knights of Columbus Museum. We were anxious to see the WWI Exhibit. We are quite impressed! Through displays and artifacts, the reasons for the war were made clear and America's late entry into the war was explained. In school, WWI was always the least mentioned part of history. The wonderful collection of military headgear and uniforms, medals, and personal memorabilia is remarkable, explaining what I didn't learn in school. We viewed the permanent collection as well, and were equally impressed! The history of the Knights is amazing. Their philanthropy and impact in the world is just phenomenal! I recommend comfortable walking shoes, especially if you're apt to linger and read every bit of information which I like to do! Definitely check out the museum store. There are many reasonably priced items.
For us, visiting the museum is not a 'One and Done'. There are upcoming lectures and exhibits, enticing us to visit again! FYI: Allow a MINIMUM of two hours for your visit.

Thank you for visiting, and for sharing your experience. Our Christmas show opens in mid November. Please come again!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Followed up on a recommendation from a friend. Excellent display of World War I, including a full-size replica of a trench. Also an impressive display of the history of the Knights and their support of the troops during the war. Further along is a history of the Knights as an organization and a really good - but brief - description of the design and construction of the Knights' skyscraper offices in downtown New Haven. Well worh visiting, and it is free.

KofCMuseum, Guest Relations Manager at Knights of Columbus Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for visiting and sharing your experience!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I wasn't sure what to think when I first went to the Knights of Columbus Museum, but I was pleasantly surprised. The museum is beautiful and so is the courtyard waterfall staircase. The museum has many interesting & very unusual artifacts and a historical perspective that I also found surprisingly informative. I saw a World War I exhibition that I thought was especially great. An exhibition of very old and artistic crucifixes was also something I really enjoyed. Great sculpture and paintings pertaining to a current exhibition depicting the Irish Potato Famine along with a wonderful lifesize sculpture of Mother Teresa helping the poor and destitute. The Museum is free and so is the parking. I think older children would enjoy viewing this Museum more than younger ones, but I never underestimate the wonder and perception of very young children.

1  Thank silvermanarts
KofCMuseum, Guest Relations Manager at Knights of Columbus Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for visiting and sharing your experience with others!