“A bit Cramped, but worth it..”

Cava Wine Bar & Restaurant LLC
Ranked #9 of 76 Restaurants in New Canaan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We gave this place a shot back in February and were pleasantly surprised. We did have to wait a bit (20 minutes) even though we had reservations, so points-off for that. Once seated, the service was very good. I particularly enjoyed a glass of the house red, and a nice steak, cooked perfectly! My wife enjoyed a seafood dish as well. A bit pricey, but still worth it in the long run.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This place was terrible almost like there was no competent management there at all.

Staff was drinking while working.

Witnessed kitchen staff come behind the bar and fill three large plastic containers with either rum/vodka and pineapple juice. Emptied an entire bottle of whatever it was - clear liquor - into these containers.

Beyond unprofessional.

Crazy too since there was more than enough staff there.

While the cats away the mice will play.

I almost contemplated going into the kitchen and saying something myself.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We come here often and are never disappointed. Last evening we were seated in a quiet area of the restaurant, which was most welcome. We decided on a Barolo wine, which was great and to split three appetizers and a pizza. We had mussels in white wine and garlic, meatballs, shaved brussel sprouts on a baked risotto cake, and a prosciutto/arugula pizza. Wow! Everything was cooked to perfection and really delicious. Our waiter was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Since reopening after he fire my husband and I have been to Cava many times for lunch and dinner. The new restaurant layout works very well and leaving an area in the back for smaller gatherings/parties. The bar area in front is well done with screen tvs at either end.
The food is very good and Ive never been disappointed. I have found them to be very consistent and if something isn't right...they go out of the way to make it right. Their new profiterole dessert is divine.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Boy are my wife and I are glad Cava reopened after the water damage above them. An inviting atmosphere, attentive service and great food makes this a neighborhood gem. Acoustics are wonderful...you can actually hear the other people at your table.

1  Thank Patrick C