“So charming, great food”

Harbour House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Harbour House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 107 Restaurants in Mystic
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Harbour House at the Inn at Mystic serves fresh, local cuisine for dinner and weekend brunch in a fun & casual atmosphere with the best water views in town. Serving a mix of unique chef specialties and seafood classics with a modern twist, Harbour House redefines the landscape of New England cuisine. Menu favorites include the lobster roll, fresh raw bar, and brick oven flatbreads. Live entertainment is featured every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and weekend brunch is always a hit from 8am to 2pm every Saturday and Sunday. Happy Hour is served weekdays from 3-6pm, and 2-6pm weekends!. Enjoy a selection of craft beers from all over the world, including local favorites. Recently voted "Best Hotel Dining" and named a "Fireside Dining Hotspot" by Connecticut Magazine, Harbour House at the Inn at Mystic is conveniently located just 2 miles off I-95.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Beautiful outdoor seating above the harbor. Great service and great food. After we ate they told us to go sit by their fire pit and enjoy the scenery and it was heavenly, there was even a couple there with guitars and we had a sing a long!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

My wife and I were staying at the Inn on the same property, and didn't feel like going out for dinner, so we tried this. The view of the harbor is a bit obstructed but very nice, and the atmosphere and decor are not elaborate, but quite nice. The service was prompt and cordial. I had a garden salad (too big to eat by myself as an appetizer, so I shared it with my wife)--pretty standard, but lettuce was fresh, there were heirloom cherry tomatoes, and the vinaigrette was very good. My wife had the scallops--she said that they were the freshest and best she had ever tasted. I had the t-bone, and it was very tasty and tender, with lots of onions and mushrooms. For dessert, my wife had the flourless chocolate cake, and she thought it was excellent. Recommended.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

It's part of the Inn at Mystic which appears to have seen better days. The Harbor House restaurants is warm and welcoming and the food is great. It's situated at the top of a giant hill so the views are wonderful and I can imagine especially at night. We enjoyed a lively jazz band for Father's Day Brunch. The Bruch menus is a la carter but prices are very reasonable and we loved a lobster Benedict and lobster crepes. I would definitely go back. Service was a treat.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Inn for a wedding and came to the restaurant two separate times. The first was after the wedding ended, around 10:30 on a Saturday night. The bar was packed with patrons and wedding guests. Upon arriving we had to wait 20 minutes to get drinks (draft beers). There were only two bartenders working, and it seems they should have been more prepared with staffing for a busy Saturday night. I understand having to wait because a bar is busy, but there was also a lag time between ordering and receiving our beverages (at least 10 minutes).

Understanding that it was a busy Saturday night, we decided to go there for brunch on Sunday morning as we had coupons from the hotel. We were met with a hostile attitude by the host when requesting a table for four at 10:30 am. When we told her we didn’t have reservations, she seemed bothered and made it seem like it would be difficult to be seated, even though the restaurant was almost completely empty. We ended up switching to a larger table when two other friends joined us, which didn’t seem to be a problem. Our server was very friendly, but she seemed to be the only server outside on the deck (8ish other tables). We were told they didn’t serve alcohol until 11, so we put in food orders first and then waited until 11 to order drinks. We were pleased with the “build your own Bloody Mary” options, and we ordered three bloody Marys, a rose, and two beers. Our food came and we were finished eating by the time the drinks came around 11:30. I got the corned beef hash with poached eggs and I was underwhelmed. It was a small portion size yet served on a huge plate, inexplicably garnished by a tomato, a piece of lettuce, and an orange. The bloody Marys were definitely the highlight of the meal, but I wish they didn’t take so long to arrive. It seems unacceptable for drink service to take so long when the restaurant wasn’t that busy. Once we were finished, it took about 20 minutes for our server to come by again so we could ask for the check. If I ever find myself in this area again, i would not choose to come back here, since there seem to be many other cute options nearby.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love harbor house and have had great experiences there. But this last time we went with our whole family and were told that they would not be able to seat us. It is very sad to hear that they can’t sit more than a party of 4 and my family is a party of 6. There was a party in front of us of 6 that were able to be seated and wait for the rest of their party for at least 15 minutes. I’m not sure what happened to having to have your whole party there before you are seated. I was very disappointed to be turned away because we are more than a 4 person family. We will NOT be frequenting the harbor house again. We will continue to find some place else that will be able to accommodate our family.

Been to Harbour House Restaurant? Share your experiences!