Reviews (1 634)
1 634 results
All reviews indoor pool room was clean across the street diner attached front desk room key friendly's restaurant parking lot old mystic village off the highway coffee maker night stay fridge and microwave steak loft first floor walking distance minute drive
65 - 70 of 1 634 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is an older property right off of the highway. It was an overnight stop for us on our way back from Maine and we thought Mystic would be a good spot. The room itself was comfortable. We paid $224 for the night which was high for this type of property, but I gather not compared to others in the area. Breakfast was not included.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The front desk staff is wonderful! The rooms are large and the beds are super comfortable.
We loved the jetted tub. Plenty of room for two to fit in. The pool was super clean too.
The Diner in front and Friendly's Restaurant right next door make it super convenient.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
terrymystic, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are so happy you had a good time and do hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I went to Mystic with my 13 year old.... just the two of us as a birthday present for her.

While basically it's right off the highway, it's also in a great location. We could walk to the Old Village (shopping area) and the aquarium. It was also possible to walk to the Seaport Museum and Downtown - although that would be a VERY long walk.

The hotel itself was a bit old and musty. It's obvious they have been TRYING to maintain and upgrade some stuff - including paint, floors, and some bedding. BUT it smelled kinda odd. I wouldn't cal lit a five, or even four star hotel... but it felt clean enough for a few days stay. And felt safe.

I also LOVED that our room had a terrace, a mini fridge and an area to keep food.

The best part of this place - was the staff. EVERYONE from front desk, to cleaning crew were so nice and helpful. They answered any questions we had, and responded to requests quickly.

I would definitely stay here again. While i Love a nice luxury hotel - i'm not sure it would be worth paying the price for a few days in Mystic. So this HoJo was perfect for our trip. And i'd recommend it for other families as well.

1  Thank northeastsurfer
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great location but poor atmosphere. Housekeeping does less than the minimum even when you leave a tip. Air unit is in bad location. Cookie gesture was nice but there were never any. It is more like a motel feeling. Should not have the Wyndham name .

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
terrymystic, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Mystic, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. We are sorry you didn't care for the hotel. I will speak to housekeeping to assure you they work there best when cleaning a room.
we serve the cookies from 4 pm to 7pm. If they were not refilled again I will speak to the front desk.
again I apologize and hope you would give us another chance to show you we can do better.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

It's a 2-star hotel, and doesn't try to be anything more. King bed was very comfortable, and room was a nice size with a good-sized refrigerator. Easy to find just off of 95, and right across the street from Old Mystic Village. Shower flow was pretty weak, which is why I give it only 4 stars. AC unit might be noisy for some, but I didn't find I had any trouble sleeping through it. I've heard worse.

If we were to visit Mystic again, I'd probably try to find something within walking distance of downtown, since that's where it's harder to find parking. There is a large parking lot for Old Mystic Village, so there would be no issues with parking there - thus, I'd rather drive to the village than drive downtown. Unfortunately, I didn't see a lot of accommodations within downtown walking distance. The drive to downtown from HoJo was only about 10 minutes, and parking was easy to find early in the day. Evening parking what is a bit more difficult.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I do apologize about the shower and will have it looked at directly as we just replaced all with new ones.
We hope you would give us another chance to show you we can do better .