“DELICIOUS!”

Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Middlebury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2017

We celebrated a family member's milestone birthday here. We had only a few selections to choose from being a large group in the private dining room, but the choices were great and hard to choose from: Grilled NY Strip, Salmon, or Chicken Most in the group picked the steak and bacon mac'n'cheese and RAVED over it. I had the grilled salmon with warm Farro Salad with dried cranberries. I had never heard of faro, but it was really good & the salmon was wonderful. I doubt there was anything left on our plates, and the serving size was ample. Great!

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

From our first entrance, it was awkward. The hostess was rude and the waitress, well bored at best. The food was uninspired and not at all worth revisiting.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

On the last night of a road trip we stopped in Waterbury, CT and were looking for a restaurant for a nice dinner. We found L Restaurant on TripAdvisor and made a reservation. The restaurant is in an office park and seems very unassuming from the outside. Inside it is beautiful with wood floors, comfortable seating and good lighting.
The food was delicious! The calamari was perfectly done, the salad was crisp and fresh and our entrees were cooked perfectly. My husband was delighted with the homemade rice pudding! Linda, the owner and chef, takes great pride in all that she does and the results are wonderful. We will definitely return when we are in area again.

1  Thank TiredTwosome
Reviewed 2 April 2017

Want a delicious dinner with a laid-back, contemporary style? Chef-owner Linda Sirica has it!
'Had dinner here last night and I couldn't wait to post a review! Service was friendly and very attentive, surroundings were contemporary without being fussy. EXCELLENT offerings! I highly recommend the Pork Flat Iron that comes alongside creamy butternut risotto. Others at our table had specials of Lamb Shank, Hake and a piled high salad with grilled shrimp. Bring your appetite portions are generous. ...Save room for dessert - all are house made including an amazing Almond Joy Tart

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Linda Sirica, chef and owner of L Restaurant sets the bar high for quality and taste of food at her Middlebury restaurant. I've been to many restaurants and I tend to compare their food to Linda's. Most of them usually fall short. Linda has that unique ability to develop layers of flavor that are well balanced and amazing.
Saturday night I had dinner with four of my high school buddies and our wives because all the guys are celebrating our 50th birthdays this year. Yes...we still get together after 32 years since we graduated from high school. This was our second time at L Restaurant as a group. We love everything about the restaurant. The atmosphere, the food, the cocktails, the wait staff, the bartender Kaci, and of course the chefs.
We started with a toast to our longtime friendship and then ordered our dinners. I had the Onion Bisque with sour cream and bacon as my appetizer. Lite and smooth with a beautiful onion flavor. My wife had Asparagus and Tomato Risotto for an appetizer. The risotto was creamy and well seasoned.
I had the Grilled Pork Flatiron for dinner. Slices of tender juicy pork over butternut risotto and topped with a pear and cherry chutney and a drizzle of bourbon glaze. Incredible !
My wife had the Grilled New York Strip with bacon Mac & Cheese, asparagus, and a demi-grace. The steak was perfectly cooked to a medium temp. It was so good, I would have eaten my dinner as well as her's if she couldn't finish it.
My wife and I were content after dinner so we didn't order dessert. But she did have an espresso martini and I had an after dinner aperitif of Campari.
Chef Sandi creates amazing desserts and my friends did order a few, such as the rice pudding and the almond joy. Chef Sandi is also a master of making Creme Brulee.
If you've never been to L Restaurant, I can assure you that after your first visit it will become one of your favorites.