“Colleagues Chip Away at Irish Menu”
Review of Maggie McFly's

Maggie McFly's
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Middlebury
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Passion is for making our guests fresh, delicious, and locally sourced dishes and drinks while letting them relax in a beautiful atmosphere. From Farm fresh eggs and grass fed beef to our locally sourced cupcakes and everywhere in between. Maggie McFly’s understands the importance of bringing our guests the best ingredients possible while supporting the local community and the environment.
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I decided to write yet another Maggie's review since I stopped in here for dinner with a colleague for their newly posted St. Patrick's Day/Irish Menu. This menu Blarney-fied the regular Maggie's menu from cocktails to appetizers (Irish Nachos?) to entrees to dessert options, so the already enormous menu is even larger. For those of you who have a tough time making decisions with too many food choices (like me), this will prove challenging. I stuck to the basics in this case. I chose a 9 oz. Riesling (vs. the 6 oz. size) and Shepherd's Pie. My colleague chose the Chicken Piccata, which is on the regular Maggie's Menu, and had two glasses of wine. The Shepherd's Pie was easily large enough for three regular dinners/meals. I'd hoped to have room for the Irish Car Bomb Cupcake, but no luck. Loved the Shepherd's Pie that night, and as leftovers twice more. Total with tip was roughly $85. A great visit!

1  Thank radiowitch1

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I went to Maggie's a lot when it first opened years ago. Everything was good when they first opened. Over time, the food steadily dropped off and we stopped going. We were invited last minute to go to Maggie's by another couple and we figured why not give it another shot. We were happy we did. Everything turned out very good. The beer list was good. Our waitress was excellent. They had a decent crowd that night. Busy, but not crazy insane busy like it was when they first opened. You could hold a conversation without having to yell.
I began with a nice oatmeal stout and a french onion soup. Excellent beer. The soup was good. Not the best I've ever had, but good. I'd order it again. Then I had the portabella ciabatta sandwich. Portabella mushroom, gouda cheese, avocado, tomato, red onion, mixed greens, garlic aioli, and balsamic reduction on a grilled ciabatta roll. Excellent sandwich. My wife had the Nodine's bacon cheeseburger. She also enjoyed her sandwich.
Needless to say, I'm a fan again.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

A carbon copy of TGIF. Food is good. Very large menu and a very busy bar seen. At times I find Maggie’s noisy. Has 2 levels. Basic menu similar to Friday’s. I find the food here a bit better than Friday’s. Live music on weekends. Great place for wings and a beer or two.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Called ahead, and still had to wait 25 minutes to be seated. If this is the norm, there needs to be a better place for those waiting to stand/sit. The current location is not convenient, or even professional looking. Once seated. it took another 15 minutes before our server arrived, and he never introduced himself.. So, when we needed him--which we did several times--we didn't know his name. If you're not going to introduce yourself, then wear name tags.
We had place an easy order that included burgers and fries. First, not all the food arrived at the same time, And because we didn't know the waiter, nor did he arrive to see if the food we where served was okay, the remaining dinners where almost consumed before our table was recognized. Furthermore, they couldn’t follow simple instructions, e.g., no tomatoes! Then when the plate did arrive, it was not cooked as directed nor where the right fries on the plate. When the correct ones came, you can tell they were frozen, put in a cup and nuked. They were by no means fresh; thus, they were cold in the center and soggy. I also don’t understand, albeit, if everyone chips in, maybe things will go better, the purpose for multiple servers. Who am I tipping? So again, the many suffer for the few. Maybe if there weren’t many servers, there wouldn’t be as many problems with plates arriving correctly at the tables.

1  Thank Frank F
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We saw this and were drawn in because our baby is "Maggie". We ended up loving it! The food was great, from the app to the entrees. There's a plane (fullsized!) hanging in the middle of the restaurant, stained glass windows, and excellent service. We also really enjoyed their local made cheesecakes!