“Self service, poor quality food”

Garrison House Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Millport
Description: The Garrison house café is situated within the beautifully restored Garrison building in Millport serving the best homemade food in town.
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Was reasonably busy. But with 8 staff on at once you could expect better service. I had to go up to the counter and pay for my food then collect my cutlery, napkins and any sauces i would like. I ordered macaroni and when it came it was served with some melted cheese on top. It was literally mush. You could not identify one single piece of macaroni. It’s texture was clunky even though it tasted like milk and nothing else. Overall the whole experience not worth the money.

1  Thank Ryan D

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, lovely food very well priced. Staff couldn’t do enough for us, clean and tidy too, had indoor and outdoor eating

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Order at the counter and served to table. Really busy which shows how good it is and a superb freshly made breakfast. A must try.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Afraid to say with all this lovely weather it seems Garrison House is unable to keep up with demand. I came for a coffee this week and thought a takeaway coffee and sandwich would be the best option as I could see there were few tables available and the staff seemed under pressure. Waited about 15 minutes for 2 coffees and 2 sandwiches at the counter... and opened one to find it was the wrong coffee. The other one, a cappuccino, had to be remade because it was like hot milk, and hardly tasted of coffee. So the takeaway option ended up taking longer than some tables who were sitting in with their orders.

However, the staff are truly first class, so friendly, and certainly kept smiling throughout the busy service. I fear management is to blame for understaffing during such a busy period. Mere speculation but I did feel sorry for the girls behind the counter.

1  Thank czechyou
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely day in Millport , and discovered this lovely place to eat !!!! Staff all lovely , very clean and ended up very busy . We had coffee and cake out side at the back in a courtyard as we had our dog with us and it was lovely and then after a walk along the front we decided to come back for a lovely lunch . Definitely the place to go on Millport everything is made fresh and you can taste the difference although they make a delicious coleslaw but don’t give you enough lol my only complaint !!!! Price wise very reasonable too so if in Millport check this place out you won’t be disappointed .