“Enjoyed our dinners. ”

Penny's Diner and Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 253 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We were hesitant to stop because of some negative reviews we read, but we did out of convenience. My husband had the turkey dinner and I had corned beef and cabbage. Both came with soup or salad. We both enjoyed our dinners, and the stuffing that came with the turkey was unusual and delicious. The warm bread is a plus as well.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We went for breakfast and my queen and I shared the Rib Eye steak with 2 eggs and hash browns along with cups a coffee. Everything was perfect! The steak was an actual size steak, eggs were good ad the hash browns were god too. Our waiter had his hands full but still took the time to accomedate us. Great diner and will return back. Sorry...forgot to take pictures, food was too good to stop and pose a pic. Lol!

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Everything is delicious from the bacon and egg for breakfast or
a grilled cheese or BLT for lunch . You won’t be disappointed as I’ve been going there for over 20 years .

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Service is horrible at this diner. We've been visiting here once a months and it never ever surprises me that basic courtesies aren't even extended. We ordered matzo ball soup which was disgusting and nothing even resembling what a true matzo ball soup looks like...the chicken noodle was very delicious but the service again ruined everything. We came at 1:30 so it wasn't even busy and Rita served us. I brought my mom who asked her to recommend a few items having never been before and was in town visiting and she looked at us like a deer in headlights and told us she doesn't really eat the food there... who says that I ask you?? Management needs to wake up and do a service overhaul and I caution you to read other reviews about the service. Will return for chicken soup on a cold day but tip will reflect service and next time will be minimal as only the chef deserves a tip in this place.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Passing this place, you may think its not worth the chance. Very old and outdated. However the turkey club was the best I have ever had. And that's my go to choice at diners. The staff could be more friendly and it need updating badly. But the food good and that's all that matters