“Really Good Diner!”

Penny's Diner and Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 253 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Stopped in before our 2 hour car ride home looking for a good Breakfast/Lunch.... (noon time) This diner did not disappoint. My heart was set on breakfast and I got the spinach/tomato omelette which comes with homefries and toast. All tasted wonderful as you would expect from a good diner. Also for my breakfast I ordered the short stack blueberry pancakes ( I was hungry!)......the 2 good sized cakes were full of blueberries. My son ordered the Chicken Parm grinder that came with french fries and said it was excellent. Service was prompt even though the diner was busy. Hostess was pleasant, warm and welcoming. I loved the feel of the place and paying at the cash register was no big deal and added to the charm. This diner is clean and had a great atmosphere!

Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

The diner did not look shabby at all. It was a busy sunday morning. I think it was partly because it was sunny and warm. We ordered spanakopita since some said this was their special brunch dish. We also got some sweet potato fries. The spanakopita was large and tasty, generous in spinach and cheese. I just wish it was less oily. The fries was okay. Coffee was also okay. Service was efficient. The host also helped taking care of the customers. One minor thing was that you had to pay at the cashier, so when there were some tables playing at the same time you had to wait for some time. Overall the place was pretty good, but then we only ordered 2 items.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

First of all, this is a diner so you have to level-set your expectations. My primary concern when I go to a diner is that it is clean, that I can be seated without delay and that I don't have to wait long for my food. I've been to Pennys many times at various times of the day. Their wait staff are courteous and provide good service. they offer refills on coffee and drinks and are attentive. Diner menus mean you have a big range of foods to choose from and Pennys does a good job.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I met a friend here for lunch after a work meeting. Even though it was lunchtime we both ordered breakfast food. The omelet was great as were the hash browns. I would go back again It is typical diner fare. The server was lovely and attentive

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Just an average diner. Omelettes are ok, good home fries, average everything else including ambiance. If you're simply hungry and it's convenient this will do. Better option is the Circle Diner about 6 minutes away.