“SNEAKY, Slow service & Horrible food”

Commonwealth Kitchen and Craft Beer
Ranked #83 of 112 Restaurants in Enfield
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You may think you have experienced slow service, nothing compares to this. If they were giving out medals you have a GOLD medal recipient here. Unless you are planning a two+ hour lunch don't go. They are also VERY sneaky and hope that by the time the food shows up you don't remember what you ordered. Ordered a salad that promised "fresh red raspberries", not a chance. No apology after it came 42 mins later. My partner ordered something that was not available, the waitress came back 16 mins to let us know. Felling nauseous now. These people have no business being in business, as a public service...AVOID.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

If I ran this place..
First of all Connecticut is not a commonwealth.. but that being said, the bar is lacking "craft bar" I don't think so. They only have 10 beers on tap 2 of which is bud lite there is a lot of local beers but nope they have a mediocre IPA from Petaluma California.. I asked for a bottled beer and they were out of what I wanted..
So the waitress came to the table I asked what she would recommend she said " the mussels are fresh" well I sure hell hope so then the couple behind me was complaining about the fish and chips saying it really tasted fishy and not fresh..so the waitress said well it is fish after all..... .
So I ordered the calimari it was ok but the marinara was from a can or jar. Salty as heck...
Then I ordered the prime rib med rare. Well.. I came with asparagus which was ok and mashed potatoes watery and instant..
I'm a chef and a reviewer and I said I was and still had a poor food and drink experience, the atmosphere was nice but was cold till someone complained they turned the heat on and then turned it off..
This place could be a gold mine. The yard house less than 2 miles away was on a 45 min wait..go there and study what they are doing..
This resturant group needs to regroup and hire experts in food and drink..

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I've dined at this restaurant five times now and have not just liked - but LOVED - the food each and every time. Very surprised and confused by the other lackluster ratings so far on TA. Had the scallop dinner twice and each time it was amazing. The other times I've been for Happy Hour (3-6 pm) and it's an incredible value with excellent food and very reasonably priced wines by the glass. My husband loves the poutine with short ribs and can't tear himself away to try something different -- the portion is big enough for a full meal. The mussels are wonderful, the tuna tacos are great, the shrimp cocktail is firm and fresh with zingy/tasty sauce, the nachos are huge and loaded with everything that should be on nachos and the calamari is crisp and tender. And did I mention the outstanding peanut butter pie?!? I'm still working my way through the menu but absolutely everything I've tried so far has been great -- and I'm pretty fussy when it comes to quality of food. A really nice feature is that the Happy Hour menu is available throughout the restaurant so you don't have to squeeze into the bar area if it happens to be busy when you arrive. The interior is upscale with booths and tables -- very very pleasant atmosphere. There's also an outside patio that's nice in when the weather allows. Service is friendly but can be a bit slow when they're really busy; we've enjoyed the food so much it's not been a problem. Location right off I-91 exit is very convenient. This is our new favorite restaurant in the area and we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

This was a good place to eat when we were staying at the nearby Holiday Inn. Simple decor, non-white-table-cloth setting. The menu has a fair number of choices, which will satisfy just about everyone in a group.
Service was very friendly.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for a late lunch on our way through town and for such an odd hour, there were quite a few people in the restaurant. I believe there were about a dozen tables and there was only one waitress and no hostess. The restaurant was clean and nicely decorated but the poor waitress was running nonstop. I ordered the lobster grilled cheese which came with a tomato bisque and was delicious although the bread was not grilled, but the amount of lobster included in the sandwich made up for it, as there was a ton of it. My partner got the bacon brother burger, which was also huge and well worth the $13. He had truffle fries as his Side, which he said were delicious. Overall the food was good and it was relatively affordable. I would give this place another chance and hope that they do not chronically understaffed.